Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411567 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 05:10:16 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallOrbital Snake (now with online high-scores!)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Orbital Snake (now with online high-scores!)  (Read 1159 times)
Ryan J. Bury
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: August 17, 2009, 06:23:42 AM »

Hello all!

Just a quick announcement for those who are interested, to let you know that I released a little arcade game at the weekend called Orbital Snake.

I've been working almost exclusively on really big projects for a while now, so I decided it would be nice to fill some of my spare moments over the past few weeks making a simple little game like this, that I could finish and release in just a few weeks.  My original plan was to simply update a little Snake clone which I wrote back in 2002 so that it would run properly on modern hardware, but of course one thing led to another, and I actually ended up completely rewriting and redesigning the game from the ground up.

Some things in the game:
  • Randomly generated maps.
  • Powerups.
  • Customizable keyboard setup, including options for four-button controls as well as two different styles of two-button controls.
  • An unlockable two-player versus game!
  • ...Another unlockable mode. Wink

Anyway, here are some links:

Homepage: here
Direct Download: here

I'm hoping to find time to make another little game like this in a few weeks, and I have some ideas to remake this game's sequel in a similar way, but I guess I'll post more about that when I get a chance...  In the meantime, hope you enjoy the game - have fun!

Ryan
« Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 10:49:25 AM by Ryan J. Bury » Logged

Ryan J. Bury
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 05:40:09 PM »

A quick heads-up: I've just released a little update to this game, including the addition of an online high-score table.

Ryan
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 09:19:30 AM by rjb » Logged

Ryan J. Bury
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 09:26:03 AM »

A little thread-resurrection to mention that I've just released quite a big revision to this game, with some changes to the scoring system, new powerups, and quite a lot of little improvements and balancing fixes.

Links:

Homepage: here
Download: here
Changelog: here
Release Thread: here

Yes, it's still quite a simple little game, but hopefully a little fun too. Wink

Ryan

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic