Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411572 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 10:46:23 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsSpiritSphere [Release]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: SpiritSphere [Release]  (Read 17489 times)
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 28, 2016, 02:16:32 PM »

This looks fun. I'll follow this Smiley
Thanks!

I've decided to finish the swamp level first, so I have something to show for screenshot saturday.
Working on the audience now;

I kind of like the smaller ones better, but they are so insignificant when on the map. It seems like they're too small in comparison to the player.
The bigger version looks a lot less friendly, but this was the only way to make the eyes readable.

I've also called with the IRS to get an EIN, I know from a different project that is required to have one if you want to launch on steam, since they're based in the US.
I've been in contact with a lot of composers as well, and I will make my pick soon. It's all starting to move towards a submission on greenlight now  Beer!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 03:53:54 PM by Eendhoorn » Logged

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2016, 06:49:39 PM »

Super happy with how the swamp level turned out. Still need to playtest the layout and goal size and stuff, but the the art is all done and in-game.

quantumpotato
Quantum Potato
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2016, 07:33:48 PM »

Hey I'm here from the ScreenShotSaturday thread and this game looks great. Looking forward to playing!

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2016, 08:49:07 PM »

Hey I'm here from the ScreenShotSaturday thread and this game looks great. Looking forward to playing!

The house level is turning out to be a lot more work than the other levels. I did some animations for the stage hazards;

I still need one more hazard (one for each room) but my brain is too dead to think of one  Cry

jordano
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2016, 10:21:45 AM »

Looks fun! Keeping an eye on this  Blink
TopherPirkl
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: February 04, 2016, 03:46:52 PM »

I'm keeping an eye on this one too! Saw the post looking for audio a while back and it lead me to the devlog. I'm looking forward to the game!

Sound Designer | @phantomfreq | Demo reel
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 06, 2016, 10:54:01 PM »

I'm keeping an eye on this one too! Saw the post looking for audio a while back and it lead me to the devlog. I'm looking forward to the game!
Awesome, thanks!

Been super busy lately, but had some time to work on the house stage last night.
It took me 1,5 hours to finally capture a piece where both stage hazards showed up :p

Too big for a gif unfortunately;
http://i.imgur.com/31Rpzuo.mp4

Oats
Level 1

High starch content.

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 07, 2016, 12:22:15 AM »

This game looks really fun! if you wanted to talk about the game AI I'd really like to hear it, I don't know why but ball game AI always seem the most interesting

eh
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2016, 12:34:52 PM »

This game looks really fun! if you wanted to talk about the game AI I'd really like to hear it, I don't know why but ball game AI always seem the most interesting
Well to be honest, the AI is just something I put together in 10 minutes now :p
He just follows the ball on the X-axis, and hits it when it is nearby. when the ball exceeds a certain x-distance he performs a roll. It's just a playtesting placeholder :p

In the future I want the AI to predict where the ball will end up after it bounced off the wall a few times, and move towards the center of the stage if he sees the oppertunity.
The AI for this type of game is quite easy fortunately.

I've been thinking about making a "play room". Just a single room where you can hit the ball around by your own, no win conditions, just to get a feel for the character and the ball. And to put this up on itch.io to see if I can get some small funding towards the greenlight. Do you guys think it's worth the trouble?

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 08, 2016, 09:40:46 PM »

RELEASE THE RATS

(ugly ass scaling)

Oats
Level 1

High starch content.

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2016, 07:16:37 PM »

The rats are very cute ^^ I think I'd feel but poofing them from existence.

It looks like the AI performs quite well for a placeholder, and yeah I think tracing the trajectory of the ball would be really cool. You could add personality by adding some decision making, like if there are multiple places the AI could reach the ball it could choose by factors like how close the planned intersection is to the x centre of the map, how close it is to the opponent, how far does it have to travel to be there and so on. Then you could add factors unique for each enemy, like some may be more agressive and prefer balls closer to their opponent, or ones more carefree and less inclined to go to the centre of the map, and adding artificial unintelligence is always fun  Durr...?.

eh
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2016, 09:46:29 PM »

The rats are very cute ^^ I think I'd feel but poofing them from existence.

It looks like the AI performs quite well for a placeholder, and yeah I think tracing the trajectory of the ball would be really cool. You could add personality by adding some decision making, like if there are multiple places the AI could reach the ball it could choose by factors like how close the planned intersection is to the x centre of the map, how close it is to the opponent, how far does it have to travel to be there and so on. Then you could add factors unique for each enemy, like some may be more agressive and prefer balls closer to their opponent, or ones more carefree and less inclined to go to the centre of the map, and adding artificial unintelligence is always fun  Durr...?.
You're reading my mind dude, that's exactly how I was planning to give them some personality  Gentleman
I'll also add some variables such as reaction time, which is good for scaling the difficulty.

But for now I'm going to work on the dungeon level. Then the polish and AI and stuff and it should be time for the greenlight :D
2 weeks if I don't run into any big problems.

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2016, 07:06:39 PM »

Here's a WIP of the dungeon stage.

The hazards are not final yet, no sure what to do with those yet really.
Any ideas for other dungeon-like hazards?

maruki
Level 3

Making Aftertile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2016, 08:02:09 PM »

Oh my god! I can't believe I hand't seen this earlier. It looks so cute and the concept seems so much fun! Following it!

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2016, 05:13:37 PM »

Oh my god! I can't believe I hand't seen this earlier. It looks so cute and the concept seems so much fun! Following it!
Awesome, thanks!

I've finished all the props for the dungeon now.

Still no real idea what to do, but I think I could do something cool with the pressure plates. I could place a pressure plate in front of the goal, so when a player keeps standing in front of the goal the whole time the goal might expand. This way players will feel the need to step off the plate and place them closer towards the center of the field.

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2016, 04:01:47 PM »

I spent too much time on this valentines thing Sad

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2016, 09:20:31 PM »

Some sick cooperative twirling AI going on right here

maruki
Level 3

Making Aftertile

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: February 18, 2016, 07:15:33 AM »

omg that valentine's thing is the cutest I've seen this year! :>

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 18, 2016, 03:36:53 PM »

omg that valentine's thing is the cutest I've seen this year! :>
Thanks, I'm glad it ended up not being a total waste of time then  Shrug

I found a composer recently, and he has sent me some amazing samples. Can't wait to you guys can hear it soon :D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:43:01 PM by Eendhoorn » Logged

Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 18, 2016, 10:55:00 PM »

Looks like we got some hooligans in this stage  Durr...?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic