Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 04:07:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArtWorkshopVector character art
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Vector character art  (Read 1370 times)
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« on: June 02, 2011, 12:54:19 PM »

I'm trying to make some characters for a new game. It took friggin' forever, but here are a couple of characters to critique. What should be changed? (click to expand)

Note that I'm not a genius artist, so don't suggest changing the art style to super-realism or redoing the entire thing.

Kevin
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 09:42:22 PM »

The one thing that immediately comes to mind is that straight grays (such as the one used in the guy's coat) is visually boring. Maybe go for a (slight) colour tint?
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 07:49:44 AM »

Ok, I made an edit.

Added his neck shadow, side of face shadow, fixed his eye perspective, made her eyes smaller and more shifty, gave him an arm and recolored his jacket.

Kevin
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 10:02:05 AM »

The new colour is way better. His arm could stand to be a bit longer, especially the new one. When unbent, his hand should rest about mid-thigh, and the crook of his elbow should roughly align with his navel. As it stands, that puts his navel at the top of his second coat button, when it should (I think) be somewhere between the second and third buttons.
SundownKid
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 10:08:24 AM »

Yeah, now that I look at it again, the arms look kinda short. However, that was probably because his elbow was pointing backwards and I forgot to shade it. Regardless, I will probably just lower his hand so he's hooking his thumb in his pocket. You're right about the navel placement, I would say his belt is right under the third button.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic