Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411589 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 07, 2024, 02:16:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperArtWorkshopI'd like some advice on my sprite
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: I'd like some advice on my sprite  (Read 2132 times)
Curseman
« on: July 20, 2011, 12:02:31 PM »

Hey guys, I'm in the early stages of working on a multidirectional shoot em up, and I would like some advice on how to improve this sprite.

I don't have very much experience in spriting or in the more traditional arts so I'm sure I did some things wrong.

Are the "shooter sleeves" too weird?  I thought maybe they'd make the sprite a little more unique and add a bit of personality, but I'm not sure.  What do you think?

What about the color scheme?  I tried to use as few colors as possible, but I don't really know about things like what colors "work" together or exactly how much saturation is too much/not enough.  Does gray look alright for the sleeves and pants?  I'm wondering if something like a dark red to go with the belt would be better.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated!
QOG
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 12:29:52 PM »

This is quite nice. Drawing a darker outline around part only part of the sprite looks a bit odd - I'd remove them altogether.
Veo
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 02:19:16 PM »

It's pretty good. I don't think the sleeves are too wierd.

One thing I noticed is a lack of contrast in particular in the middle of the sprite so I made this real quick edit to show how I think you can improve some things the main points being contrast, definition, and colors. This may or not have been your intent for what it to look like but, take what you will from it. Hope it helps.

JoGribbs
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 08:07:18 PM »

Why no outline anymore Huh?? Looked good.

Colours still need more contrast as well methinks.

Also, there are some perspective issues if you're going for a top down type thing. The legs and arms are too 'head on'. Look at how you've curved the... skirt thing, and then how straight the legs are. Doesn't match up IMO.

Other than that looks okay.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic