Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411577 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 11:12:55 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsJobsCollaborations[spot taken] (unpaid) programmer needed for 2D shmup/rpg hybrid
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: [spot taken] (unpaid) programmer needed for 2D shmup/rpg hybrid  (Read 545 times)
Savick
« on: February 14, 2014, 06:41:39 PM »

Edit- someone from the pixeljoint forums has taken up my request for a programmer. Thanks for your interest.

So, hey. Disregard my last thread, I didn't like the idea and ended up not working on it. Anyway! The idea I have now is for a party based rpg and shmup to combine to form a fun mix of genres. Basically you have 3 heroes on a kind of flying battle platform standing next to each other looking forward. With the A W and D keys you activate their attacks, which would be different depending on the hero/party member. You move the small ship around with the arrow keys to avoid enemies and line up your shots. Your party of 3 would move between towns or locations along routes that you would fly along. Once at the destination you would recruit more party members, buy equipment, standard rpg stuff. I have a basic idea for a plot involving a washed up evil sorceress trying to recruit an army to take over a kingdom of some kind.  

I don't have much in the way of art for this yet, but if you're a programmer interested in the idea I'm sure I can get to work on the visual side of this quick enough.

If you like the idea then send me a pm with your skype name and we can chat over that.  Hand Thumbs Up Right
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 12:23:59 PM by Savick » Logged
soryy708
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 09:55:51 PM »

I'm a programmer.
I'm not interested in your idea.
I'm interested in programming.
What makes your project stand out?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: