Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411613 Posts in 69390 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 09, 2024, 04:17:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytesting"Joes Heart" - One-Button-Adventure-Extrordinary
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: "Joes Heart" - One-Button-Adventure-Extrordinary  (Read 939 times)
tobib
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 01, 2013, 05:35:55 AM »

Hi everyone,

during the Global Game Jam 2013 I made a one-button game with a few friends. The gameplay is very simple and straight forward: You control the heart of joe trough out his whole life. From birth till death. The game is split up in different scenes and you have to find the right heart rhythm in each to solve them. Stop pressing Joes heart and he dies.

Gameplay video (don't watch it till the end if you don't want any spoilers Wink ):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCKUnYkP4JQ&feature=youtu.be

Last but not least the link where you can play it for yourself: http://www.2ndsky.ch/joes_heart/

The game uses the enchantJS library and runs best in Safari or Firefox. All other browsers add some kind of anti-aliasing to the pixels unfortunately.

Now we're interested what you guys think? Did you get the core gameplay mechanic? Was it fun? Did you finish the game? Do you think a game like this has potential? Or is it rubbish and we should never speak of it again?  Wink

Thank you for your feedback Smiley
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 06:20:27 AM by tobib » Logged
chrysiridia
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 06:28:32 PM »

I thought it was great. Definitely made me chuckle a few times. Paced very well, too - I never found myself stuck doing the same thing for very long.

I do think that the heartbeat sound might need to be toned down a little, though. It's a little harsh on the ears, and a little loud. I thought the music went very well with the game, but it was kind of hard to hear it over the sound of the heart.
tobib
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 03:56:13 AM »

Thank you. I agree we definitely need to fix that.
Holts
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2013, 04:06:46 AM »

Awesome stuff. Brought a tear to my eye Smiley
tobib
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 04:53:56 AM »

Thank you very much Smiley
Jinz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 10:03:35 AM »

My Word!
well i think the graphics owns! Kinda like McPixel

Currently playing Shadow Of The Beast.
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 06:56:46 AM »

Cool experience! I think a scene is missing, if I may suggest...

The birth of a son/daugther

It was a great little piece, and finding the tempo was not too hard. Liked the dancing scene best.

Yeah.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic