Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411589 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 07, 2024, 02:15:58 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingChomp! or Eat-The-Tigs-Smiley Game - a score based side-scroller.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Chomp! or Eat-The-Tigs-Smiley Game - a score based side-scroller.  (Read 2784 times)
leonelc29
« on: September 09, 2011, 07:14:11 AM »

HEY...ya...erm... Lips Sealed

LET'S GET TO THE POINT!

~Chomp!~

Is a score based side-scroller. You play as a red giant crab-like monster called Chomper, which...i named it because i don't know what else it will be called. Anyway, this dude goes around, eating little people called Bit. Hand Point Right Smiley Hand Point Left
You gain score as you eat those Bit guy and also destroy their vehicle. This is not level based, so getting highscore is all you do.

Here's some screenie for ye:

[edit]
ohh, you actually increase your defense while crouching
[edit end]

In this current version:
-it missing some sound
-doesn't have music, so play yer own fav music if you wan.
-death animation sprite for Chomper is missing(or basically-i-am-kinda-lazy-to-finish-it kind of situation)
-doesn't have custom loading splashscreen and icon.

Other than that, this game is fully playable, it just lack of polish.

Feedback and though needed! Please brighten my path with your knowledge!
Feedback in:
Graphic. Is the graphic look okay? or REALLY need to be enhanced?
Sound. Can the sound fx represent on what they are?(or just "is it good enough?" thingy)
Gameplay. Well...erm...is it fun to play? Too hard? Too easy? Or too lame?
Any other comment?

That's all! i think. And thank for reading Smiley

P.S.
Basically, i wan to release it after i finish all the polish stuff, but thing kinda messy in my life as i need to continue the previously dropped promotional video project for an event. So ya, that's my freaking college life.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2011, 01:00:35 AM by Leonelc » Logged
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 11:37:10 AM »

Your dropbox download link tells me I should log in, do you know how to give a public link in dropbox?
You need to put your file in the public folder, and then right click it, choose dropbox->copy public link or something like that.

Master of all trades.
leonelc29
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 07:17:13 PM »

ohh right, i never know that. thank for the info!

fixed...here:
~DOWNLOAD~
PompiPompi
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 12:46:02 AM »

That was fun.
The animation is really good.
My complaint is about the attack, it's not really useful most of the time. Except for the tanks. It would have been more useful if there wasn't an "ammo" for it. The game is hard as is.
I am not sure about it, but I get the feeling that as there are more attacks and "soliders" it is also harder to get more life. This makes the game difficulty increase exponentially. Because not only there are more bullets in the screen, but also you can't eat many smilies as you did at the beginning.

I like this game. Smiley

Master of all trades.
leonelc29
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 12:58:28 AM »

about the attack, it's initially planned to have like, 4 special skill(the attack) including suck all enemy and eat it(like Kirby) and burrowing(to hide). those special skill come in the form of power-up. but because it's kinda like my first game, so i just scrap those idea and make it easier and small scale, else the game will kinda became another never release stuff.

ohh, did i mention that you actually increase the defend when crouching?

thank for giving it a play, it mean alot!  Smiley
Linc
Level 0

Check It Out Now

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 01:18:35 PM »

Not bad, really. I played for a couple minutes and it was a little slow for my personal preferences. To use an analogy, an oversimplified but true statement about FPSes is that on the most basic level they consist of running around and killing people. Your game had a little too much running around and not enough killing people :D

Out of curiosity, what did you use to develop this game? MMF, GML, or a language, like Java or C?

-Lincoln Bergeson
eyeliner
Level 10

I'm afraid of americans...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 01:25:59 PM »

He used GameMaker.

The game is simple, fun and challenging. But I got bored quickly, though.

Yeah.
Eendhoorn
Level 6

Quak

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 01:49:29 PM »

This screams for a city invasion.

leonelc29
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2012, 07:38:47 AM »

ohh god, i didn't realize people still try it, so, thank!

and thank eyeliner for answering that. I would try to finish it, with music and stuff, just so i can call it done instead of dropped.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic