Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 10:29:52 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingJack the Mage
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Jack the Mage  (Read 779 times)
Slashandz
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2012, 01:45:53 PM »

(Not so) Frantic Overhead Bullet Hell
Practice Mode to replay Unlocked Levels
Four Stages each with Unique Bosses
Six Different Enemy Types

Download Here:
http://slashandz.blogspot.com/p/test.html

« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 11:50:17 AM by Slashandz » Logged
Glyph
Level 10

Relax! It's all a dream! It HAS to be!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 02:46:33 PM »

Okay, please introduce yourself before you post about your incredibly awesome game that everyone should play, if you want anyone to actually play it.
Anyway, as far as feedback goes, the logo looks pretty horrible. That stretching and blurring is absolutely terrible. As for the levels, they were all pretty generic. The game lacks any taste of being fast-paced, making your "Frantic" statement sound like a joke. Also, I know Touhou games have those huge bars displaying score and crap on the side, but it just looks really barren in your game, and I'm sure you could have fit it all onto the main view (because let's face it, there's not much goin' on there anyway). Anyway, I don't wanna be too discouraging, because it wasn't absolutely terrible or anything, but please introduce yourself and don't be so impersonal when talking about your game. If you're asking for feedback, say what you want people to look for to be improved/etc so that you can get some good advice about how to make it better.

Slashandz
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 11:49:50 AM »

Thanks for the advice.  I'm really new to this forum... but you can already tell.  Embarrassed
I'll keep your suggestions in mind.
janitar1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 02:56:31 PM »

Glyph was a bit blunt... I think the game really isnt all that bad! I enjoy it Smiley Shooting is a bit strange for me, if i hold down the the shoot button, a steady stream of shots come out, but when clicking fast, they seem rather sporadic. Enemies seem "ok" but I really like the art used. The scrolling ground could be cleaned up a little bit, but other than that the art was ok. Logo could use some work, the "Jack" part seemed a bit out of place, especially the font of it. Gameplay could maybe be sped up a little bit to give more challenge, but really it wasnt all that bad Smiley
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic