Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 01:30:42 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingNew 3rd/1st person Mech game
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New 3rd/1st person Mech game  (Read 928 times)
Cyberdogs7
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: April 14, 2012, 03:28:38 AM »

Hey everyone, I have been hard at work making a mech game called M.A.V. It's a mech game focused on player customization and eventually will be in an open 'living' world.
(If you have ever played Chromehounds, M.A.V. will feel very similar)

I would love it if you would check it out and give me any feedback you have. I already plan on redoing the mech building area to be drag and drop based on the feedback I have received.

Download link http://www.bombdogstudios.com/Builds/MAV.zip

Link to my dev-blog if you want to follow the game http://www.bombdogstudios.com/index.php/blog/

Thanks!

janitar1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 04:19:22 PM »

Seems like a great start! For some reason I can not shoot anything, even after configuring the weapon groups :/ Also, graphics are pretty neat, but when an explosion occurs near or on my mech, lags out really bad. Menu controls could be improved a bit, was a little strange selecting things, could make it clickable by mouse to improve rather than cycling with arrow keys.
Cyberdogs7
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 03:03:19 AM »

Hey thanks for giving it a try. I have the explosion effect bug on my list, and right now I am converting the 'building' part to be a drag and drop interface completely.

As for the weapon bug, Did you get a little screen in the upper right hand corner showing the weapons view? If you pressed 'c' did it change your cameras?

I had a weapon bug in the past, but it seems fixed now, so I am trying to see what is causing your issue.

Thanks again!

janitar1
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 01:24:02 PM »

No screen in the top corner, nor did the view change with pressing of the C key :/ I will keep an eye on this one tho!
Cyberdogs7
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 11:28:56 AM »

No screen in the top corner, nor did the view change with pressing of the C key :/ I will keep an eye on this one tho!

Ok, thanks for reporting this to me. Since there was no screen, that means for some reason the weapon settings didn't get saved. I will look into it and see what I can discover.

Also, I am hoping to have an updated version out this weekend with a drag and drop builder, if everything goes to plan.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic