Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411582 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 09:51:33 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)CreativeWho wants to be in a teaser?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Who wants to be in a teaser?  (Read 2737 times)
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« on: March 23, 2010, 03:39:00 PM »

*BZZZZ* Everyone, get in here

Hey folks, this is  Amon26. I'm working on a new game, and In the tradition of past titles, I'm be making another weird Youtube teaser for 2in.  I could go out and just film everything on my own, but I really want more than just my hands involved in this.  So, how would you like to get involved?

**thread discussing the game is here**
http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=11478.0

**Video example of past work**

here's what to do:

Get yourself, your friends, whoever and record about 1 minute, dressed in elaborate makeup, masks, robes/kimonos.  Try to film the settings in woodsy or factory type places, Abandoned buildings are also good choices, but make sure they're safe to be in. (I.E sturdy floors, no violent bums, or security guards).  Ideas: Be holding lit candles, or each other's hands, Marching ominously, wearing billowy (lightly colored) clothing that catches and twists in the wind.  Fake blood or food coloring spilling from mouths in close-ups.  If all you have is a web camera, try to set up the backdrop so it doesn't just look like your bedroom, kitchen or office.

Try to film this as soon as you possibly can, I'll be filming my parts here in the next few days.  I hope to have the advert up by this coming week.

Allright, I think that's about it.  Just email the videos to [email protected] be safe, have fun!!

-Amon26
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 03:46:37 PM »

Not sure when/where I should go, but I definitely want to try to participate. Maybe I'll have time tomorrow... Anyone in San Francisco have any ideas?
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 05:36:23 PM »

Lots of alleys in S.F you can shoot in. Settings of urban decay are perfectly fine.  Also if you just film interesting fountains or skylines that works well.  Don't worry about editing or processing the video in any way, I'll be able to do all that work.  Just raw footage is fine.
ChevyRay
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 05:39:12 PM »

Haha there should be more threads like this. I wish I had something to capture video with, I'd totally pitch in on this Amon.
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 08:08:11 AM »

Hand PencilWho, Me?  Any more volunteers?
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 11:18:54 AM »

Oh right! I'm gonna go record myself being weird in a black outfit over a white background now.
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 01:55:38 PM »

Right, so here's a silly silhouette.  There may be a few seconds of usable material in there somewhere!

http://johnnesky.com/nesky2in.mp4

If you can think of anything else I should do without any props or scenery, I've still got the blank wall available...
Firepith
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 08:57:31 PM »

Right, so here's a silly silhouette.  There may be a few seconds of usable material in there somewhere!

http://johnnesky.com/nesky2in.mp4

If you can think of anything else I should do without any props or scenery, I've still got the blank wall available...

A couple of airsofts wouldve looked less goofy than nerf guns. Just saying. Smiley
John Nesky
Level 10

aka shaktool

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 09:00:28 PM »

Absolutely. However I do not happen to own any.
Amon26
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2010, 11:30:59 PM »

Nesky man you set the bar! Even with just a nerf-gun there's lots of nice material here for me to use!  C'mon folks this is fun shit, get in on it!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic