Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69382 Topics- by 58437 Members - Latest Member: isabel.adojo

May 02, 2024, 07:48:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsThe Insulines - a graphic adventure about rock and diabetes
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Insulines - a graphic adventure about rock and diabetes  (Read 2723 times)
Francisco Tufró
Level 0

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« on: July 12, 2012, 09:30:12 AM »

Hi everybody!
I'm working with a couple of friends on a graphic adventure about diabetes and rock.

We're going to build it using MOAI (Any comments on that?) since we'll be releasing it on different platforms, including iOS and Android.

Our goal is to increase awareness about diabetes and how to deal with its situations. Basically targeted to people that doesn't have the condition.

We'll be posting updates on our homepage http://www.theinsulines.com

I hope you like the idea!

One thing you can do to help us is fill a questionnaire that we created to gather some information and see if the community is interested!
Just go to http://bit.ly/L1UQ2w and complete it. Please, forward the link to any person that you know might be interested.

We've been working on concept art, story and programming.
Will be updating here with some info soon!

If you have any suggestions or doubts just ask Smiley

Thanks a lot!!!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 01:03:55 PM by Francisco Tufró » Logged

Check out my current game! <br />Nubarron: The adventure of an unlucky gnome.<br /><br />
Francisco Tufró
Level 0

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 08:16:31 PM »

We added a couple of early concept art to the website. Check it out!!!

Hope you like them.
There are bigger versions on the website!

Check out my current game! <br />Nubarron: The adventure of an unlucky gnome.<br /><br />
Francisco Tufró
Level 0

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 01:00:11 PM »

We've created 2 videos:

http://theinsulines.com/2012/07/14/playing-with-moai-and-concept-art-from-omykron/

http://theinsulines.com/2012/07/17/experiments-with-lights-and-character-animation/

disparat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 01:36:27 PM »

And so the long-respected genre of "games created to fight diabetes" gains another entry, right after Captain Novolin and Packy and Marlon.

I think you're already doing better than either of them in terms of style.
Francisco Tufró
Level 0

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 06:09:04 PM »

And so the long-respected genre of "games created to fight diabetes" gains another entry, right after Captain Novolin and Packy and Marlon.

I think you're already doing better than either of them in terms of style.

We're not fighting diabetes at all.
We'll not educate about the condition facts, it's not our goal here.

We want to increase empathy with the reality of people living with diabetes, trying to generate understanding from people that doesn't have the condition.

But, on top of that, we want to create a good game and a good story. Smiley

disparat
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 06:41:39 PM »

Well, then, I think that diabetes sufferers are doing pretty well as far as empathy and awareness goes. I've never met anyone who doesn't know what diabetes is, nor anyone who's been anything but sympathetic towards the plight of those who live with it.
Francisco Tufró
Level 0

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2012, 06:31:17 PM »

Well, then, I think that diabetes sufferers are doing pretty well as far as empathy and awareness goes. I've never met anyone who doesn't know what diabetes is, nor anyone who's been anything but sympathetic towards the plight of those who live with it.

A lot of people think they know about diabetes, but they don't.
A lot of people think you can't eat anything that contains sugar, a lot of people don't know that you might become aggressive and not because you're mean, but because you're having an hypoglycemia, or stuff like that.

It's a complicated condition, and there is a lot of people around that don't know how to deal with a diabetic episode.

That's where we aim.

thebarryman
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2012, 06:44:04 PM »

Nice!

Are we talking Type 1 or Type 2? I think this could be a good distinction to build into your game. As a type 1 diabetic it drives me crazy that people constantly assume I have type 2/don't even realize that there are two different types.
Francisco Tufró
Level 0

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 03:56:52 PM »

Nice!

Are we talking Type 1 or Type 2? I think this could be a good distinction to build into your game. As a type 1 diabetic it drives me crazy that people constantly assume I have type 2/don't even realize that there are two different types.

See what I mean?

They'll be type 1, at least the important characters.

Cheers!

Francisco Tufró
Level 0

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 10:16:33 AM »

Guys we released a teaser and a demo for the game!!!!

You can check the teaser out on youtube:

And download the demo at chrome web store: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cmebgofhfihjmlimejbjkbgkmmmoldbm

Hope you have a good time playing it!!!

Give us feedback please!

Cheers!

Francisco Tufró
Level 0

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 01:03:36 PM »

Hey! We finished the episode 1!!!

Hope you enjoy it. It's available for free on the Chrome Store, we're working on an iPad version that will be released soon.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/the-insulines-chapter-1/bmhcfafmbgbbaceoibfbdjkiocfdempj

Feedback is more than welcome!
Cheers!

Quarry
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 01:22:54 PM »

That's some necromancery!
Francisco Tufró
Level 0

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2013, 05:52:04 AM »

That's some necromancery!

Why is that?

Martyr
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 07:04:10 AM »

September 13, 2012 to January 10, 2013

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 07:59:48 AM »

Nice going! Congrats on releasing your first episode. Beer!

Francisco Tufró
Level 0

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2013, 11:48:33 AM »

September 13, 2012 to January 10, 2013

Well.. we had to stop working on it for a while, and just dedicate our free time. That's why it took about 4 months since we released the demo...

But here we are!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic