Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 12:21:10 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBrandon Must Die!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Brandon Must Die!  (Read 1934 times)
doctor_ebenstedt
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 10, 2014, 10:50:32 AM »

Now on Kickstarter!

'Brandon Must Die' is an action rogue-like that takes place on an alien planet.

When I first set out to make a game, I asked myself "What would I like to play?". The answer was: I've played hundreds of hours of 'The Binding of Isaac' and I really just want more of that! But... I'd like a new take on it, in a new environment with guns you can upgrade and a scifi theme.

100s of items
Enhance every aspect of your character. Buff up your armor so you can take a lot of damage. Run faster or just get a jetpack and fly. Get a magic staff and summon thunderclouds. Shoot slow, giant, bouncy, freeze bullets, that spawn live grenades on impact. Build 'C.L.A.M.P.S' the tiny robot that just wants to bite everyone. Use special items that slow time, light everything on fire, throw meat cleavers, emit a force field, drop landmines, or place a sentry gun.

Most items will change the appearance of your character.

Permadeath
When you die, you lose all your items and start over. Although you can unlock items that can be found on other runs. A full playthrough of the game should take 1-2 hours.

High difficulty
There will be 'bullet hell' rooms that will make you go "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO BEAT THAT!?".

Unlockable items and characters
When you first start playing there will only be a limited number of items to find. As you achieve feats like killing a certain boss without taking damage, or killing 100 slimes, you will unlock items that can be found in later runs. Beating the game under the right circumstances will also unlock new characters that start out with different stats and items.

Bosses
Each of the 12 levels will have at least 2 different bosses to randomly encounter.

Randomized dungeons
Each playthrough will create a unique map layout with random rooms.

Secret rooms
Doing specific things like exploding a grenade on a certain swamp will open up a doorway to a secret area. Inside you may find ultra-rare items.

I started working on BMD! in February 2013 and I've put over 600 hours into it's design and development. I have enough content to fill 8 levels, but I plan to have 12 total. I'm hoping to release this project in June of 2014.

http://www.brandonmustdie.com/

https://twitter.com/brandonmustdie1

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Brandon-Must-Die/462682627183854

http://www.indiedb.com/games/brandon-must-die
« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 09:18:06 AM by doctor_ebenstedt » Logged

squibbons
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 09:21:07 PM »

Having enjoyed games like Binding of Issac, I'd play this. I've got a couple friends who I know would love this game as well.

Twitter @Squibbons Working on Anamynta and Degenagon. Released Burnstar on Steam!
doctor_ebenstedt
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 10:31:42 AM »

The Crypts
Holds the cursed ghosts of other crash victims, creepy creatures and undead remnants of the native creatures. There are also plenty of spike/arrow traps set to ward off the living.

doctor_ebenstedt
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 12:03:13 PM »

Introducing the 'Tree Creep' boss. He conjures up zombies made of branches, fires thorny bushes, and shoots green fireballs from his eyes. Each part of his body can be destroyed in any order, you must shoot his heart to finally kill him.

Here he is in action:

doctor_ebenstedt
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 07:56:53 PM »

Created some box art:

friken
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2014, 08:46:07 PM »

I really like the idea. It reminds me of an oooooold bbs door game I loved that had ansi arena combat. I can't remember the name :/

moi
Level 10

DILF SANTA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 09:51:49 AM »

I'm not generally a fan of vector-style GFX, but I like this style

subsystems   subsystems   subsystems
doctor_ebenstedt
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 09:18:26 AM »

Now on Kickstarter!

doctor_ebenstedt
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 09:20:11 PM »

Just showing a giant image I made that has most of the art assets from my game.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic