Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411588 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58443 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 11:31:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsProject DungeonR - Anoria Underdeep
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Project DungeonR - Anoria Underdeep  (Read 913 times)
Anorian
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: May 17, 2014, 07:35:44 AM »

Features

• Classical dungeon crawl style game play
  • Turn based tactical combat based on summoning your own monsters and casting spells
  • Slay monsters, earn treasures and try to find the rare summoning gems
  • Light RPG elements
  • Casual game play
  • Highly moddable for all you "build my own dungeon" enthusiasts

About the game

Project DungeonR (PDR) is the working title for the first game in a series that has its roots in my Lost Realm of Anoria game scenario/world. PDR is a turn based dungeon adventuring game taking some of its inspiration from the classical Dungeon Master game.

The player gets to explore some of Anoria's dungeons, fighting their way through, trying to avoid traps while slaying the baddies and (hopefully) gaining legendary treasures. The game has some of the classical RPG elements but its designed to be playable in a casual fashion with very little, if any, time sinks.

In combat, which is turn based as everything else in the game, players do not directly go toe to toe with opponents. Being powerful magicians (eventually) they summon monsters of their own which fight for them and cast spells supporting their magical minions.

Development

The game has been in part time / moonlighting development for about 5 months starting in late 2013. I am now able to work on it almost full time and plan to build up a small core team once the game's engine is ready for real content development (right now all that can be seen in screenshots and upcoming videos and demos is placeholder art). I am currently targeting a release in winter 2014 if everything goes as planned.

Platforms

The game will initially be available for PC/Windows. The whole code base, in terms of technology as well as play mechanics and user interface, is from the ground up designed with portability to mobile platforms in mind though. Mobile versions are thus easily possible. The same is true for Linux or Mac ports.

Cheers
Anorian
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 02:40:30 AM by Anorian » Logged
Anorian
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 05:14:43 AM »

Update 23-May-2014, Build 1096

Made good progress on the abilities and ability effects systems so that I can do some initial testing of how combat "feels". More clean up to do and then I'll probably spend some time on adding a few graphical effects to get more of an idea how where I am headed with combat visuals.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 05:23:30 AM by Anorian » Logged
Anorian
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 07:40:56 AM »

Been working a lot with Unreal Engine 4 for a client over the past two weeks and I am so impressed with it that I am considering swapping out my home made engine, in use for Anoria Underdeep currently, for Unreal 4. This ought to significantly shorten development times. Stay tuned!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic