Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411587 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 08:04:31 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsWorking Title RPG
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Working Title RPG  (Read 719 times)
laxwolf
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« on: June 01, 2014, 07:30:32 PM »

Pseudo First Person Adventure RPG for iOS & Android where players can fight, explore, roleplay, create their own locations, design quests, breathe life into characters, create new enemies, forge custom items, and write epic story lines for other players to experience!

Locations will be as expansive and open as players wish, going anywhere from a large open meadow to a cramped, cold dungeon.

Combat is realtime, but built around a unique puzzle-like mechanic that is "limitless" with possibilities (something I think players will have fun playing around with when making enemies.)

The goal is to provide the right tools to let users unleash their imagination, creating lots of quality content to extend the fun.

The other equally important goal is to provide a super sweet RPG experience (obviously.)

Art tools will be provided for custom tiles, characters, enemies, and so on with the ability to import images. Construction tools, quest tools, and behavioral tools are provided (hopefully easy enough to use, we'll see.) Amazon S3 will be used for hosting, for the curious. I've decided to ground the game on tiles to make it more accessible. Player's locations show up on a large map along side every other players' locations, though a rating system (and hand-picking by me) will decide which locations/quests revolve around the center point of the map, taking into account other factors like the player's level and play style. A search feature will be added as well that allows the user to pick from tags (ex: "Level 3", "Exploration", "Lots of Monsters", "Town")

I'm prepared to do all the art myself, as I've been doing, but I AM LOOKING for an artist! If you're able to blow my mind with your work, 32 x 32 tiles, characters are 32 x 32 max, and items are 16 x 16.

I'll be posting as regularly as I can, it's my summer break but I'm working full time as a freelance programmer. I'll be posting images soon as well.

Can't wait to show you all what I'm working on! Smiley

« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 07:43:47 PM by laxwolf » Logged

Solo artist, modeler, designer, and programmer.
Psi
Level 0

Psi

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 03:50:34 PM »

Sounds like a cool project! I'm not sure if you intend to use the name "Pocket RPG" but a game with that name already exists. Best of luck to you and look forward to updates.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tastypoisongames.prpg

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic