Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411572 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 09:20:06 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallXIOTANK 7DRL (Seven Day Roguelike) for Win/Mac/Linux
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: XIOTANK 7DRL (Seven Day Roguelike) for Win/Mac/Linux  (Read 1289 times)
dto1138
« on: March 16, 2010, 01:45:22 PM »

The game XIOTANK, my 2010 7-Day Roguelike Challenge game design compo entry, has been released for Windows, Mac OSX (Intel), and Linux. In this roguelike multidirectional "audio shooter" game you must fight numerous twitchy enemies as you attempt to establish tone and rhythm by activating different audio objects in the environment. Much more is planned for this game.

Here is the page link:

http://dto.github.com/notebook/xiotank.html

Here is a screenshot:

Comments, questions, and feedback would be greatly appreciated. We've already collected many suggestions for improvement and some bug reports. Thank you!

David

- By the way, my general games page is http://dto.github.com/notebook/games.html
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 01:54:00 PM by dto1138 » Logged
deathtotheweird
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 09:00:31 PM »

those fuckers that spawn enemies toward you make me rage like nobodies business. I love this concept but I can't beat the first level for shit. Wouldn't be so bad if there was only one of them and if the player didn't lock up and sometimes freeze while shooting. It's actually easier to try and kill them than it is to dodge them and try to complete the levels anyway.

I know when I do manage to beat the first level I will feel like great success.
dto1138
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 11:23:42 PM »

Hi allen! Many improvements are planned based on user feedback. Also, there is only one level to beat right now, and it's perhaps a bit too hard. The control issue you mention is a known bug and will be fixed for version 1.2. In fact the control scheme itself will probably be redesigned. Also, the level will eventually spawn enemies to make up for killing the bigger drones, so that you won't be able to just kill the enemies and solve the level trivially.

Thanks everyone for playing my game and providing feedback!
deathtotheweird
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 11:35:23 AM »

ha, I beat it. wasn't too hard actually. I almost died but I was able to avoid one of those spawner things, only one was left I had killed the others. It's hard to play when your tank gets stuck while shooting, but I managed it. Felt pretty awesome.

I decided to replay it after going through the temple of the roguelike challenge evaluation results.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic