Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411644 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 15, 2024, 06:15:10 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallVolChaos for XBLIG Now Available
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: VolChaos for XBLIG Now Available  (Read 695 times)
Fun Infused Games
Level 1

Games so good you could hang your hat on them.

View Profile WWW
« on: November 30, 2011, 12:18:29 PM »

Fun Infused Games is proud to announce that their retro gaming masterpiece Volchaos is available now on Xbox Live Indie Games for the low price of 80 Microsoft Points (that's $1 US for those of you counting at home).

Download from Xbox Marketplace

"This is a game of love, greed, exploration, friendship, and brutal fiery deaths" said lead developer Kris Steele. "It is a very accurate depiction of what it would be like to be in a volcano seeking treasures and stupidly taunting death. Someone would have to be really dumb to do this for real."

Volchaos is an ultra-challenging old school platformer. As a nameless explorer, you must navigate through dangerous volcanoes in search of precious gems you can use to pay off your mortgage, bad investments, and alimony. To further complicate matters, the lava is continuously rising and an array of enemies stands in your path. Will you become rich? Heck, you will be lucky to survive.

Trailer:

Theon
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 08:04:58 AM »

Looks kind of fun, but I don't give a rat's ass about Xblargh.
Might give it a try when you have a PC release.
Dugan
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 09:37:55 AM »

I had a quick play, its a nice simple idea having to beat the lava (and tricky to try to get all the gems).

The UI doesnt look as polished as the level and character art, which seems a shame. If you ever get time I think it would be nice to improve the UI side of the game.

Fun Infused Games
Level 1

Games so good you could hang your hat on them.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 06:56:24 AM »

Thanks for playing. You're right, the UI has often been an afterthought in my games. I'll look into improving it a bit for the PC release. I did a lot for the PC release so far but I've been sidetracked on other projects lately. I need to get back to it.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic