Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411643 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 07:47:34 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallForum IssuesArchived subforums (read only)TutorialsC++ and OpenGL help please
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: C++ and OpenGL help please  (Read 1272 times)
honeyspider
Level 0

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2012, 05:48:58 PM »

Hey everyone and thank you in advance Smiley

I have some very basic roguelike functionality that I have written in C++, but before I go any further, I'd like to replace the windows console with a terminal window so I can use square graphical tiles.

Can someone please point me in the right direction?  All I want to do at the moment is represent my 2d array as square tiles instead of basic console output.

Thanks again.  I will continue to peruse the forums and will post back if I find my answer.
VortexCortex
Level 2

Engram Architect

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 07:15:00 PM »

SDL
SFML

Though, personally, I just write a quick wrapper around Win32, the same goes for X11... Anything more advanced I'd #include OpenGL.

Note: You can use any 3D framework for 2D...  I've had mild success with Ogre3D, but it's not threadsafe so I ditched it years ago when I realised that "more cores" is certainly the future of computing... That was before I got back into indie games, it's probably fine for indie games.  I hear things about Unity as well, some of which I'll not repeat -- I don't touch the stuff, myself.

Nix
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 07:35:12 PM »

http://doryen.eptalys.net/libtcod/
sigfarter
Level 7

卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 12:34:38 PM »

http://pdcurses.sourceforge.net/
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: