Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: YomiKu_0

May 07, 2024, 06:03:29 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsChicago TIGJam
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Chicago TIGJam  (Read 8571 times)
WafflePilot
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2011, 03:35:11 AM »

LD20 is coming up if anyone wants to have some sort of event for that
Leroy Binks
Level 0

Team Lead

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2011, 05:34:28 AM »

I am interested in networking with indies in the CHI area and would take the train into the city without much hesitation.  I agree downtown is localized to all the suburbs and the Metra quickly funnels all burbs to a singular area.  See what you can do on the larger event and until then I will most likely attend the IGDA event in Downer's Grove.

There are plenty of pixelated programmers pounding out products of peculiar playability at a prolific pace with purported profits.

This reply has been brought to you today by the letter "P"
copernicus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2011, 06:21:42 AM »

So we only have to bring ourselves, at 6 PM?  Do we have to register before hand?  Is there an entry fee?  I'll be attending regardless.

Check out my personal website:
Nicus Props
Jay Margalus
Level 0

designer and developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2011, 08:49:42 PM »

No registration, but food and drinks are out of pocket

Former co-owner of Lunar Giant Studios (game company), former gamedev faculty at DePaul University. Now: Teaching entrepreneurship and design at Washington & Lee. On Twitter @jaymargalus.
copernicus
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2011, 07:29:45 PM »

Just returned.  Not actually a game jam, but an IGDA conference.  I have a hard time remembering names, but I do have some business cards.

The people who were running the show were Lunar Giant.  There was Kevin from Electronic Gaming Society.  And a guy from Microsoft actually showed up (KC Hicks).  I thought someone from ubisoft was there (correct me if I'm wrong).  There was a guy from New Zealand plugging the hacks engine (don't know how it's supposed to be spelled).  And a lady behind the Female Gamers Alliance Network.  There was also a guy involved with the supreme court case (the one with California).

When Midway died the Chicago IGDA kinda died.  But not it's coming back!  Their ultimate goal is to have something twice a month: once in Chicago and once in suburbs.

There was a nice discussion about how animation is dieing in America.  We agree about the greatness of Iji.  And being torn between art and profit.  "I want to make this cool game, but if we make something cuter it'll sell better!"

There were a lot of people into browser/flash development.  Not something I'm interested in.  And students looking for people to speak at school clubs, and do networking.  I was there for networking as well.  Let's do it again sometime.

Check out my personal website:
Nicus Props
BoxedLunch
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2011, 08:00:20 PM »

sounds like it was fun. i hope there is a game jam soon though.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic