Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411595 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 04:17:02 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsArtGame Weekend [Paris - 22th April]
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ArtGame Weekend [Paris - 22th April]  (Read 2883 times)
Blackcorn
Level 1

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2011, 01:07:27 AM »

Hi there,

There is the second edition of an interesting event which takes place in Paris (France) at the end of the month. It is called the ArtGame Weekend.

It's an annual 48H contest/jam where the only constraint is to design its project for mobile devices such as smartphones or tablets. The first edition gathered more than 40 participants and was a really nice event. The aims of this event is to bring developers, (digital) artists and game designer altogether in order to build experimental and creative game. This is a very open opportunity to meet different kind of people and work a whole weekend in a very cosy place (the place is called "La Cantine" in the center of Paris).

There is this small website but it's all in french!

http://artgameweekend.com/

Does some of you (french or not  Tongue) plan to go there? I will and it could be a nice opportunity to meet! Post here or send me a message if you do so.
Christoffer
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 03:36:33 AM »

Wow, this sounds great!

Wish I could go but I'm stuck in stupid Stockholm. Tongue

This remids me of when Giant Robot matched up indie devs with artists.

Hope you have a good time!

Mozzarello
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 02:14:01 PM »

This would be cool to go to. Maybe I'll go. Need to confirm with some friends. I would be coming from Italy.
adam_smasher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 06:50:20 PM »

Zut! Je souhaite que je sois à Paris Sad
Blackcorn
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 11:37:32 PM »

If you need more informations about the event or the place, I can provide you some. If you plan to come from far away (such as Italy - BTW, it would be cool) send me message, maybe I might help you to find a place to stay in Paris.
wilbefast
Level 1

I am the cat who walks by himself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 03:20:27 AM »

This would be cool to go to. Maybe I'll go. Need to confirm with some friends. I would be coming from Italy.
That makes two of us Toast LeftDurr...?Hand Metal Right Sono a Trento, tu da dove sei?

Totally showing off here, but if anyone needs an Italian-French-English translator then I'm your man Wink

Blackcorn
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 03:24:06 AM »

If some of you wanted more information, there is now a short page in english with 2 links to english articles about the first event (last year): http://artgameweekend.com/about/
Blackcorn
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2011, 02:35:36 AM »

The event took place two days ago and was totally awesome. I don't really know if I could post a "post-mortem" or a debrief of the event in this section but I would like to share some elements here in case you are interested!  Blink

Here is the FlickR pool of the event (around 400 pictures where shot during the 48h) : http://www.flickr.com/photos/simbach/sets/72157626554275772/ and here are some samples:

I think I will post something about the event in the appropriate thread (or maybe this is the good one?), because there was a lot of interesting things to show and to tell about this crazy weekend!

Currently there is only one project that has been upload on the Android Market but I'm sure many more will be available soon. Until then, here is your chance to test Fukushimagotchi.
wilbefast
Level 1

I am the cat who walks by himself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2011, 04:53:57 AM »

Had and awesome time :D thanks for going to the trouble to organise it Smiley

PS - Bwahahahaahahaha our team's game won Hand Money LeftCheesy Hand Money Right

Klaim
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2011, 12:25:39 PM »

I participated to ArtGame Weekend too (hey wilbefast! Wink )

We made a game where you have to pull a baby to help a pregnant woman in labour...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic