Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411594 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 12:38:56 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityJams & EventsTOJam 2011: May 13-15
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: TOJam 2011: May 13-15  (Read 3944 times)
raigan
Level 5

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2011, 12:33:43 PM »

I'm not sure why there isn't a thread already for this, but anyway... it's this weekend!
http://www.tojam.ca/home/default.asp
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2011, 08:21:06 PM »

SWRUITYHREOUIYBSERYUIPEBGYUIOEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK. Why didn't I hear about this? Shit.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 10:12:53 PM »

Just arrived :D !!! Going to be amazing, post your WIP on here.

I will be teaming up with Renaud from Fez.

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
The Monster King
Level 10

FRKUC im ALWAYS ANGRY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAnerd

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 06:18:37 AM »

The Renaud from Monster King is also here. we are ready for games. are games ready for us.
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 07:51:49 AM »

See you folks later today.. I'll be rushing over after work. You'll recognize me as the guy wearing a button up shirt for no good reason. Also, a motorcycle helmet.
Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 03:55:56 PM »

God damn I wish I was going, someone remind me the next time this happens.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2011, 11:21:17 AM »

we re in the nice room behind the glass window and the waterfall  Gomez

XXIIVV

Drypoint, Cyanosis, Kanikule, Valentinel, Pierrot Death, Zjeveni, Merveilles, Cenote, Cloud is a Lie, Pico³, Siseon°, Phloston Paradise, Volkenessen, FRACT, Waiting for Horus, Diluvium, Pico Battle, Hiversaires, Melady Antres.
jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2011, 07:54:53 PM »

It's weird when you read a comment like ^ and you know you're in the same room but you have no idea what that other person looks like so it's pretty much moot
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2011, 04:46:03 PM »

Here's a video of our game RAIN+BOW

XXIIVV

jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2011, 05:00:30 PM »

Cool, didn't get a chance to play yours. I did however play The Monster King's game which was pretty fun.
FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 08:18:05 AM »

Tojam was a lot of fun guys! I am definitely coming back next year.

Cool, didn't get a chance to play yours. I did however play The Monster King's game which was pretty fun.

Glad you liked ours! Were working on ironing out some bugs right now, maybe well release it next weekend or somesuch. Working out some missing audio bugs, relieving the tediousness of the back and forth with survivors and adding some visuals that we made but didnt have time to place in the game in the final 1 hour rush.

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 01:48:41 PM »

we re in the nice room behind the glass window and the waterfall  Gomez

what the hell you were there 0_0

~~~

apparently I don't even know what I missed

but it was the most amazing

adam_smasher
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 02:16:37 PM »

Here's a video of our game RAIN+BOW

Gawd, that music kicks ass.
aliceffekt
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 06:42:24 PM »

Droqen ?! you were there too ?! shit .. :< !!!!

XXIIVV

droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 03:29:29 AM »

I was in the glass room too ;_;

I think I came by your table screaming about barrels.

But that's about it.

jotapeh
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 03:41:33 AM »

what was your game droqen?
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 07:02:33 AM »

http://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=19543.0

FrankieSmileShow
Level 6

OOOOOH! >:O

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 10:46:46 AM »

I posted my thoughts about the game jam somewhere else in response to someone who said he was thinking of going but decided not to. thought I should paste it here:

You should definitely go next time! I went there with The Monster King. Chef Boyardee was in our team too for music makin' but stayed home, though he says he might want to come next time. I brought a camera to record bits of the event but I ended up kind of forgetting about it, so I have very little footage. I didn't check what I did record yet, hopefully the little I have came out fine. Ill probably make a little montage soon and put it up on youtube.

There was lots of cool peeps over there, it was a lot of fun. It was also quite well organized. There was a lot of free food to keep everyone going. First night there was a surprisingly diverse chinese food buffet with calamari, General Tao-ish chicken, various salads and noodles, second night there was pizza. There was even vegetarian stuff in there. First morning they gave us bagels n Cream cheese, second morning we got varied morning pastries (croissants and danishes and stuff). We even had free supply of soft drinks, orange juice, water bottles, juice boxes (!), energy drinks, candy bars and plain old candy (gummi bears and chocolate bars and lollipops and stuff. Beware the sugar crash). Everyone who needed machines were provided one, the rooms had decent air conditioning and the chatter volume and noise was pleasantly low. Yet the energy of the people working was definitely there, and quite encouraging. Its amazing how friendly the atmosphere was; it was remarkably pleasant despite the event being fundamentally an unpaid, time-constrained development crunch.

The only awful part for me was the 6 hour bus rides to and from Toronto, in the most uncomfortable bus in the world (it was a very cheap one though; 34$ each trip!). Also, they do not have sleeping arrangements, so if you want to sleep there you need to bring a pillow and sleeping bag. I did not, making the nights quite uncomfortable sleeping on their thin corporate carpet.
(...)
There was 260 people on location! We were a bit crammed up, the rows of computers and tables were narrow and it was easy to trip on wires and step on things, but the very decent air conditioning prevented this from turning into a nightmare. I am pretty fat though so maybe the narrowness of the place was just me!  
I hear we get a new, bigger location next year, so that should all improve a lot.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 10:52:07 AM by FrankieSmileShow » Logged

Sean A.
Level 8

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 01:48:59 PM »

Sound like fun, what was the age range there, were there a lot of youngins?
droqen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 02:00:40 PM »

There was a 6-year-old girl.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic