Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411708 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58457 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 02:38:58 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallSteel Storm Episode I is out !!!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Steel Storm Episode I is out !!!  (Read 3364 times)
Snakey
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 05:47:38 PM »

So I've been playing with this a bit,

First of all, well done on making this game! It certainly exudes a certain amount of polish and hard work.

I like the general look of the whole game, although it looks like you guys tried to use a faux stencil outline look? Perhaps it's better to do this properly using shaders.

Moving on, the sound effects for the weapons make sense but the machine gun sort of overrides everything. All I kept hearing most of the time was the machine gun, and hardly anything else (say the blue projectile shooting weapon or the missiles). The repair sound doesn't really make a lot of sense to me ... it just doesn't sound right to me?

Music is really good. Nice job on that!

I'm not sure what the crystals do? They just seem to give you points or something?

The ultimate response that you probably want to hear is whether I would buy this game or not? To be completely honest, probably not. At this point, the game play while very good, doesn't offer me much beyond what I've played before in the past. There isn't really a story to follow, or many game mechanics that I can do to have a laugh with. But this is just me ... so don't take it heart or anything. Younger players (who haven't played arcade shoot em ups) could probably pick this up though.

All in all, it's a pretty basic game and very straight forward. Good stuff!

I like turtles.
motorsep
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2010, 06:14:29 PM »

Glad that you like the game! Although I get "I will buy it" reaction from more mature gamers as they miss good old school shooter with awesome online gameplay.

I'm not sure what the crystals do? They just seem to give you points or something?

Sounds like you still playing beta. What more do you need to understand what crystals are for, if you get huge numbers floating up in the air and point counter goes up, after you have picked up one of them? Smiley

Also, if you still playing beta, you don't know what v1.0 release has in store for you Wink (and it has been out for a week already).

motorsep
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2010, 12:43:08 PM »

New version is up! Major enhancements include 4 types of camera, gamepad support and difficulty selector. Also some with separate binaries for OSX 10.5 and OSX 10.6
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic