Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411674 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 17, 2024, 07:11:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallGameBiz 3: videogame company simulator (released)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: GameBiz 3: videogame company simulator (released)  (Read 4351 times)
seloms
Level 0

Indie Game Fan

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2010, 05:34:16 PM »

GameBiz 3

Gamebiz 3 is about the Software and hardware gaming industry.
In Gb3 you can develop new consoles, computers, games, publish games and much more.
Try to conquer the charts and create a number one selling titles .
Create Consoles and computers and compete with the likes of Atari, Microsoft, Sony and other great game and platform companies in one of the most competitive business in the world.

Requirements:

Windows XP - Windows Vista - Windows 7
Minimum Resolution : 1024*768
Recommended CPU : 1.6 GHZ pentium 4

Screenshots

If you want download the demo or buy the full game go here: http://www.veloci.dk/gamebiz/

« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 01:39:03 PM by seloms » Logged
mirosurabu
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 06:44:39 PM »

Is that you Sir Nino Arndt? (: Or just a fan?

Was the GameBiz 2 shareware? Or was it CarBiz that was shareware? I can't remember exactly, was a long time ago. (:

But decent game in any case. (: Cheers for sharing it here.
seloms
Level 0

Indie Game Fan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 05:48:18 PM »

Hi!

I'm a fan, or better a lover of these type of games and i'm following the development of this game for about 1 year.

Carbiz was shareware.
seloms
Level 0

Indie Game Fan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 01:24:27 PM »

GameBiz 3 has been released!
mude
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 01:33:42 PM »

GameBiz 3 has been released!

Please Release another GUI version for the game asap, I'm playing the demo and it ruins the game. It's too dark and too chaotic.

The important things should be clearly visible, please update it!

If you need help or advices, ask on forums like this.

Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 06:03:14 AM »

I don't know if you're the author, but I'll drop few lines if he shows up somehow.

Sadly I have to agree with Mude. I love the concept, and the game shows that there's some good amount of care behind it. But your gui is a punch in the face :\ if you're not an artist try to keep it as minimal and clear as possible. I thought GameBiz 2 was bad but this one is even worse:

- black text over dark grey buttons...
- 100% blue, yellow, green or red text is always a bad thing to do, even worse with a totally black drop shadow :\
- tiny grey text with white shadows (is it a sort of emboss effect?) are just unreadable on my laptop, and they barely works on my desktop
- the game looks a bit buggy on my windows seven, it shows two emails but there are none, a panel has memory garbage in it and I had to click a button few times to make it work properly.

Another problem I have is with the soundfxs, making your game playing honks, traffic and cars noise is a bit annoying, Also when a user want to turn off the sound of your game, please turn off ALL the sounds. Even in Gb2, I had to delete all the files in the SND directory just to discover that the game still plays that annoying traffic sound somehow! :D

Said that aside, the game concept is GREAT, and seems also that you did a very detailed job on it. But looks so bad I just can keep me playing it Sad I'd gladly buy a more polished version.

Also there are some mistakes here and there, like "licens" instead of license every time you name it, and other stuff like that.

Oh btw, FPS are not a requirement in text based games... I know it's a game, but reading something like "Required 14 FPS" in a text adventure seems weird
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 06:11:24 AM by Eclipse » Logged

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
jrjellybeans
Level 3

They're All Gonna Laugh At You

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 07:16:22 AM »

I haven't actually played the game, but those screenshots are really turning me off.  And, I'm not known for art at all, so that's got to say something.

In any case, congratulations on the release!

mude
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 07:39:55 AM »

I haven't actually played the game, but those screenshots are really turning me off.  And, I'm not known for art at all, so that's got to say something.

In any case, congratulations on the release!

I agree with Eclipse,

I loved Gamebi 2 despite some design flaws and the GUI, but It was a 2006 game and was free.

Now Gamebiz 3 looks a lot better in terms of simulation (but i need to play it a lot to make a verdict) Unfortunately the gui is even worse.

The Gui problem is not too difficult to fix, After that Gamebiz 3 should be a very interesting game, imho more interesting than Gamedev Story.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic