Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411677 Posts in 69399 Topics- by 58453 Members - Latest Member: Arktitus

May 17, 2024, 08:45:00 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallWizard Smash!
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Wizard Smash!  (Read 2617 times)
Afinostux
Level 2

Forgotten Beats

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2010, 01:35:07 PM »

Greetans, TIGers! I am recently very happy because I MADE A GAME god that took long enough.

Tired

In all seriousness, it's a platformer with a physics-based attack, randomly generated levels, and an AI director. It also contains a complete mockery of a score page. I made it to see if I could get past the complete lack of entry level programming jobs around here through sheer force of will. The jury is out on that, but I had fun.

deathtotheweird
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 01:58:44 PM »

Having only one life while learning the game is a bit annoying, since I have to start over each time I die. The game certainly has that "ohh, I'll just play it one more time and stop" feel to it.
mude
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 02:05:49 PM »

Having only one life while learning the game is a bit annoying, since I have to start over each time I die. The game certainly has that "ohh, I'll just play it one more time and stop" feel to it.

I quote.

I don't remember very well all the levels, but when I die does I came back to the level before?

It's an interesting game but imho the combat system is a bit boring.

I played only 6-7 levels.

flavio
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 02:39:41 PM »

I don't remember very well all the levels, but when I die does I came back to the level before?

He wrote:

randomly generated levels

So, maybe you're carried to another random level.

The game looks interesting, the graphics is nice, and the core ideas aren't bad. Maybe you need some more interventions on specific parts to make it a great game. I second previous comments: you could add a checkpoints system (to avoid the entire restarting of the levels) and you could add some variety about enemies killing.

Alec S.
Level 10

Formerly Malec2b

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 02:56:26 PM »

The game is pretty fun so far.  One thing I would suggest is to shorten the time between dying and restarting.  The game is difficult, and having to wait for the player to get knocked out of the room and then walk back in is frustrating.

Atnas
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 03:47:36 PM »

I found this very fun and the music was great! the ball can be a little tricky to maneuver but i warmed up to it after the first three levels

Those zombies are scary! they're dumb lovable bastards and they really add a great feel to the game. I liked the monkies too, it adds the bullet-hell "dodge THIS" to the experience.

I love this game probably because i made a badass jump through the monkies over some zombies and wiped em all out with my ball. aww yeah

Afinostux
Level 2

Forgotten Beats

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 09:56:43 PM »

The game is pretty fun so far.  One thing I would suggest is to shorten the time between dying and restarting.  The game is difficult, and having to wait for the player to get knocked out of the room and then walk back in is frustrating.
That was actually a deliberate thing, because I found people were getting too angry at it with short restarts. Probably because of the mace. It's also much easier to hit things when moving cautiously.

Thanks for the feedback guys! My next project will hopefully be smoother

wilbefast
Level 1

I am the cat who walks by himself.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 03:42:01 AM »

I like this very much  Grin

The fact that you go back a level would be frustrating of the levels were fixed, but since their randomly generated it doesn't matter so much. The mace-swinging is a lot of fun to just play around with, and very difficult to master, so losing isn't too much of a disappointment.
The humour also helps: you're completely insane  Who, Me?

All told I was expecting something considerably less good from a first attempt, but this is a nice little game, well polished and fun to play. You guys are damaging my ego fragile Shocked

Looking forward to seeing more stuff of yours in the future!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic