Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411634 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 01:25:44 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsDelver
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 179
Print
Author Topic: Delver  (Read 783866 times)
TheNite
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: November 29, 2013, 12:09:37 PM »

I really like the aesthetic of this game. I don't know if it has been mentioned previously in this thread, but how does the editor work, and what does it look like? Care to talk a little bit about it, and maybe share a screenshot or two?

There is an awesome guide for the editor here. Smiley

I haven't tried everything in the update yet, but I love the death animations. Crushing enemies with a mace and them sliding back to explode is really satisfying. Evil
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3081 on: November 29, 2013, 02:07:04 PM »

I haven't tried everything in the update yet, but I love the death animations. Crushing enemies with a mace and them sliding back to explode is really satisfying. Evil

Ha, thanks for noticing! I totally copped that from the Zelda games, those games have great feeling combat. Delver will feel even better once all the enemies have hurt / death animations.
ninja
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: November 30, 2013, 07:14:53 AM »

Are you still doing testing versions?  Because if you are, I would like to be put on that list.

Delver is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                 Smiley
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3083 on: November 30, 2013, 11:03:13 AM »

Are you still doing testing versions?  Because if you are, I would like to be put on that list.

For the PC, I'm using Beta builds on Steam. Still need to keep a testing list for Android though.
Echelon5
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: December 01, 2013, 11:52:37 AM »

Hey there, joined up just to talk about this game, which I absolutely adore. Just some thoughts:

Combat was fine before, but now actually feels good. The little touches, like the hurt frames for the enemies and the swing of the weapon do a really good job to give fighting that extra oomph.

A few questions:

Was the ambient lighting tweaked in this latest update at all? Could be my eyes playing tricks on me but there's less squinting involved which has made it much more fun to play.

If I wanted to mod stuff how would I go about doing that? I've got the steam version, and the asset download on the forums there seems to be for a much older version of the game. I was thinking of messing with sound effects and stuff like that.

How likely are offhand items like shields and torches? I was hoping at some point to basically play Gandalf and have a jeweled sword in one hand and a staff in the other.

Have you considered treasure chests as well?

Also looking through the resources it appears the bow string draw sound doesn't play.

But anyway, great work on Delver and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 04:48:13 PM by Echelon5 » Logged
Riflenator1234
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: December 01, 2013, 05:28:06 PM »

While I'm really liking where this game is going, but can you please remove the "Skill in a Jar" from the shop.

If you get to level 7 and die, then you can just buy a massive amount of them and become so overpowered it's almost impossible to die. It really unbalances the game and should either be significantly more expensive, say 100 gold, or be removed from the shop.

Does anyone agree with me or should they remain as is?
Echelon5
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: December 01, 2013, 06:24:26 PM »

Nah, the latest update upped their price to 250 I believe. On the average playthrough that means you can buy maybe one of them. Should be fine now I think.
Riflenator1234
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: December 01, 2013, 07:46:03 PM »

Nah, the latest update upped their price to 250 I believe. On the average playthrough that means you can buy maybe one of them. Should be fine now I think.

Whoops! Didn't even notice that, apparently if you go to a camp from a previous build, the shop prices are still from that build.

Well now I just look plain silly.
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3088 on: December 01, 2013, 08:57:29 PM »

If I wanted to mod stuff how would I go about doing that? I've got the steam version, and the asset download on the forums there seems to be for a much older version of the game. I was thinking of messing with sound effects and stuff like that.

How likely are offhand items like shields and torches? I was hoping at some point to basically play Gandalf and have a jeweled sword in one hand and a staff in the other.

Also looking through the resources it appears the bow string draw sound doesn't play.

You can grab the assets folder straight out of the delver.jar itself if you go into the Steam folder, just copy that jar somewhere and change the extension to .zip to open it up. Easiest way to always get an up to date version.

Shields and lanterns are in the planning for offhand items, no plans for any Gandalf staffs though Smiley

Treasure chests could be an interesting addition, even if it's just letting the player pull the slot machine handle.

Weapon charge sounds aren't implemented yet, when they are that will be the first one wired up.

travisofarabia
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: December 01, 2013, 09:55:08 PM »

Hey, Big fan and have been following the forum here and there for awhile. I purchased delver for android a few months back and love it despite not being a big fan of touch controls in the first place. Im sure this has been posted and talked about before but when if ever will we see the big update hit Android? Have you ever considered an option for Android users to play on the computer as well for one fee? I could understand not as the price is different? Great job and great game. Keep up the dedication its inspiring!
ArsenioDev
Level 0

Pic Y u no change?

View Profile
« Reply #3090 on: December 02, 2013, 02:26:13 PM »

Hey there, joined up just to talk about this game, which I absolutely adore. Just some thoughts:

Combat was fine before, but now actually feels good. The little touches, like the hurt frames for the enemies and the swing of the weapon do a really good job to give fighting that extra oomph.

A few questions:

Was the ambient lighting tweaked in this latest update at all? Could be my eyes playing tricks on me but there's less squinting involved which has made it much more fun to play.

But anyway, great work on Delver and I can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Personally as a guy who plays wizards and the like whenever i can i would love to play as Gandlaf! :D Wizard

Whats this do? *presses button* oops.....there goes the rockets.....
Lord Belial
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: December 04, 2013, 10:22:30 AM »

I am still waiting for an android update or even a rough release timeframe. i bought it more than 2 months ago because of the upcomming update. any chances I have it for christmass? it's always the hardest part of the year for me and would like to have some fun with it. maybe even make a mod!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 11:14:59 AM by Lord Belial » Logged
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3092 on: December 04, 2013, 11:44:53 AM »

I am still waiting for an android update or even a rough release timeframe. i bought it more than 2 months ago because of the upcomming update. any chances I have it for christmass? it's always the hardest part of the year for me and would like to have some fun with it. maybe even make a mod!

My main priorities right now are to fix the most common gamepad issues, push the November build live, and test that build on Android and fix as needed. Should definitely make it before Christmas.
Lord Belial
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: December 04, 2013, 11:51:08 AM »

<---- happy camper =] it may sound weird or stupid but your game help me a lot as I went thru rough time a year ago when my mother died.
Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3094 on: December 04, 2013, 06:00:23 PM »

<---- happy camper =] it may sound weird or stupid but your game help me a lot as I went thru rough time a year ago when my mother died.

Whoah, that's deep man - sorry for your loss. I just feel most of the time like I'm making a stupid game but I'm glad I could help in a small way.
Echelon5
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: December 04, 2013, 10:25:58 PM »

I just feel most of the time like I'm making a stupid game but I'm glad I could help in a small way.

Naw, it's little games like Delver that help people like me focus on stuff. I'm a writer, so during downtime or short breaks I can fire up a game like Delver and get the creative juices flowing again.
noumenus
Level 2

tired

View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: December 04, 2013, 10:30:31 PM »

Wow the graphics have really improved since this devlog was started! This game looks awesome

Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3097 on: December 05, 2013, 04:33:20 PM »

Delver needs stickers. Which sprite is worthy of an awesome vinyl diecut sticker? My short list is the flying eye, camp mage, and the lich.

Unrelated: who would want one if I were to send some out?
Joshua
Level 5

Be rad to one another!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3098 on: December 05, 2013, 04:35:39 PM »

I'll take a few!  Wink

Interrupt
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3099 on: December 05, 2013, 05:13:06 PM »

Maybe something like this?

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 179