Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411593 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: FightingFoxGame

May 07, 2024, 11:47:11 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallAnimalia: The Mole, Kickstarter and Design Experience Opportunity
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Animalia: The Mole, Kickstarter and Design Experience Opportunity  (Read 377 times)
EvanBarmes
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« on: March 03, 2014, 05:02:02 PM »

The Mole is a light-hearted, 2D adventure across the planet of Animalia, and unlike most of the games in the recent flood of “retro platformers”, The Mole aims to play like a classic platformer instead of simply looking like one via pixelate graphics. In fact, The Mole is set to be the first in a five part series, titled Animalia, in which each game will feature a new protagonist or two, as well as, explore a slightly different take on platforming controls.

The Mole will include movement above, on, and below ground, with an emphasis on the transitions between the different movement areas. When grounded, The Mole will play like your average 2D platformer, but things get interesting when the player takes to the air via the grappling hook or dives underground via the earth-drill, both essential components of the character’s all-purpose, multi-tool.

Why would a mole have such a sleek and quite handy gadget, you might ask? Well, interestingly enough, the mole just so happens to be a top-notch private eye, and one that’s become the undisputed favorite hire for a specific group of large and slightly shady corporations. For this reason, in addition to striving to encapsulate the overall feel of a classic platformer, The Mole will also incorporate many aspects of the modern stealth genre, creating a unique blend that I hope will satisfy all sorts of fans from Mario to Metal Gear Solid!

Please leave me comments on what you think of the game premise, the Kickstarter, or anything else. I truly want to work closely with my fans on this project as well as any in the future. I look forward to hearing fromall of you!

---

The Kickstarter campaign for Animalia: The Mole is set to begin on April 1st, 2014 and run for 30 days, concluding on May 1st, 2014.

In addition, at this time, I am planning on offering the opportunity to work directly with me on designing a DLC level as a Kickstarter incentive. Most likely a $250 donation will grant the opportunity to design one arena level, and for $500 you can design a full-fledged DLC level. In both cases, the donor will be responsible for creating the design document for the level, and I will then develop the level technically.

The designer will of course have his or her name listed in the credits as solely responsible for the design of the level, and can serve as work done on a shipped title to be reference on applications and resumes. If you think you might be interested, you can contact me at [email protected] with any questions.

---
Evan Barmes
[email protected]
http://evanbarmes.wordpress.com
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic