Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411573 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 04, 2024, 12:34:04 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGeneralFight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 1393
Print
Author Topic: Fight Thread Pollution! Post here if it's not worth a new thread!!!  (Read 2329254 times)
BlueSweatshirt
Level 10

the void

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10060 on: February 21, 2012, 11:19:34 PM »

Yeah, sort of, except I was thinking of something with dimensions more akin to that of a typical mid/high range laptop. Also: on the software side the Atrix only expands to a web browser.  Sad

leonelc29
« Reply #10061 on: February 22, 2012, 02:27:48 AM »

Freddie Wong and His Insane Typing Speed!

guys, challenge him.
Painting
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #10062 on: February 22, 2012, 10:16:36 AM »

Art formed by carving books with surgical tools. You should read this.
ink.inc
« Reply #10063 on: February 22, 2012, 10:27:20 AM »

it looks cool but man does that guy sound full of himself

"The richness and depth of the book is universally respected yet often undiscovered as the monopoly of the form and relevance of the information fades over time. The book’s intended function has decreased and the form remains linear in a non-linear world. By altering physical forms of information and shifting preconceived functions, new and unexpected roles emerge."
st33d
« Reply #10064 on: February 22, 2012, 10:39:09 AM »

Yeeeeaaa, aah cut up sam buuks coz itz pritty innit?

I really fucks me off when other people with an art education try to hide behind words. Especially when they don't reference any other art movements or artists to give their drivel any grounding.
Theophilus
« Reply #10065 on: February 22, 2012, 11:03:46 AM »

"The richness and depth of the book is universally respected yet often undiscovered as the monopoly of the form and relevance of the information fades over time. The book’s intended function has decreased and the form remains linear in a non-linear world. By altering physical forms of information and shifting preconceived functions, new and unexpected roles emerge."

He sounds like an asshat.

...It does look pretty cool though.
Aloshi
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #10066 on: February 22, 2012, 02:27:57 PM »

Freddie Wong and His Insane Typing Speed!

guys, challenge him.

I won, with a second and a half to spare. Smiley
leonelc29
« Reply #10067 on: February 22, 2012, 09:24:39 PM »

"The richness and depth...blablabla...undiscovered as the monopoly of...blablabla...function...blablabla...unexpected..blabla...emerge."
i don't even understand what the hack he's trying to say.
the artwork is pretty crazily good though.

@Aloshi
 Addicted
i'm just a Grasshoper Sad
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10068 on: February 22, 2012, 10:19:56 PM »

The thing that's funny is that his flavor of elitist-art talk is probably the most ghetto I've ever read.
Way too many common words, plus what he's saying is actually understandable and not abstract enough.

Understandable... but totally ridiculous and stupid, I disagree with him LYK so much.

Paraphrased VERSION: Books are respected... but sometimes go unread as information becomes defunct.
Books are actually meant to be art (lawl) but now they're just for writing stuff down. By cutting up this book I am making it a sculpture of what used to just be words (bah), which I believe is super cool and kind of makes me brilliant. (LOLOL)

NEVER-DA-LESS, I give his level of artistry an A- purely based on the emotional response I felt after reading his texty text.

Annoyed is an emotion, right?

@Shelby: Ha.. his writing makes me think of what I posted on facebook a little while ago.
Ashkin
« Reply #10069 on: February 23, 2012, 12:41:29 AM »

I finished Fahrenheit 451 today. Dystopian novels written fifty years ago are getting more and more eerie with how accurate they are.
Also, I hate it when I read a good book in a few sittings, because I can't stop thinking in prose.
C.D Buckmaster
Level 7

Death via video games

View Profile
« Reply #10070 on: February 23, 2012, 01:21:06 AM »

Compare the camera filled Britain in V For Vendetta to modern Britain, it's eerie.
Ashkin
« Reply #10071 on: February 23, 2012, 01:26:05 AM »

I'm actually doing a whole assignment in which I have chosen to compare dystopian societies from fifty years ago to how society is turning out today.
I have to choose four texts, and I think I'll be using Farenheit 451, Nineteen Eighty-Four, Brave New World, and Brazil. I'd kinda like to swap Brave New World out for a short story, though.
Noyb
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10072 on: February 23, 2012, 01:27:56 AM »

NEVER-DA-LESS, I give his level of artistry an A- purely based on the emotional response I felt after reading his texty text.

Annoyed is an emotion, right?

Quote from: Jorge Luis Borges
He read me many other stanzas, each of which also won his own approval and elicited his lengthy explications. There was nothing remarkable about them. I did not even find them any worse than the first one. Application, resignation, and chance had gone into the writing; I saw, however, that Daneri's real work lay not in the poetry but in his invention of reasons why the poetry should be admired. Of course, this second phase of his effort modified the writing in his eyes, though not in the eyes of others. -- The Aleph

Player 3
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #10073 on: February 23, 2012, 05:34:00 AM »

For the love of- Doing these in *.GIFs is very redundant and wastes more than necessary file size.
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10074 on: February 23, 2012, 05:38:14 AM »

I'm actually doing a whole assignment in which I have chosen to compare dystopian societies from fifty years ago to how society is turning out today.
I have to choose four texts, and I think I'll be using Farenheit 451, Nineteen Eighty-Four, Brave New World, and Brazil. I'd kinda like to swap Brave New World out for a short story, though.

Huh?

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
Manuel Magalhães
Forum Dungeon Master
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10075 on: February 23, 2012, 06:24:40 AM »

For the love of- Doing these in *.GIFs is very redundant and wastes more than necessary file size.

Ashkin
« Reply #10076 on: February 23, 2012, 10:32:07 AM »

Huh?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil_%28film%29
:^)
Level 10

wat a hell

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10077 on: February 23, 2012, 10:51:59 AM »

notice the bolded text...

... is "bolded" a word?

Notice the bold text. yeah. I guess that's what I should have said...

HEY LOOK LETS FIGHT THREAD POLLUTION IGHT? WOO!
Christian Knudsen
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10078 on: February 23, 2012, 10:56:39 AM »

Huh?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazil_%28film%29

Neither the film nor the society it portrays is from fifty years ago. That's where my confusion lies.

Laserbrain Studios
Currently working on Hidden Asset (TIGSource DevLog)
Painting
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #10079 on: February 23, 2012, 11:05:14 AM »

It's pretty obvious Ashkin was incorrect on Brazil's date or just didn't specify the exact dates in his parameters (given that every other movie is very close to the fifties).

It's not really confusing at all.
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 1393
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic