Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411656 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 02:02:09 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinesshow is it to work with free-lace graphics artists?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: how is it to work with free-lace graphics artists?  (Read 851 times)
harima555
Level 0

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2012, 11:00:59 AM »

i've been saving money for a long time to make a game,
now i have a humble ammount of money (about $3000 usd) and i would like to atleast pay for some graphics
so what i would like to know is how does free-lance artits charge they work, per asset?, per project?,
and what is the most common workflow when working with artists, do the artists work in "interation phase" any number of times befoe the asset is
acepted by the developer???

disclamer:
   its my first time working with free-lance artists
   the type of game i planning making is 2d

If learn programming does not make you feel dumb,you´re doing it wrong
Nix
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 03:18:16 PM »

Prices vary widely between artists and also depend on the type of asset, animation, size, detail, etc. An animated pixel art sprite could range from $50 to hundreds. What you should do is browse some freelancers' portfolios, find ones whose styles you like, and send them sample images of what sort of thing you are looking for. Ask for a quote and make sure to be as specific as you can about what you will be wanting, what kind of relationship you are looking for (one-off, steady), and what your budget is.

How the artist decides to handle iteration also varies. Some artists may not charge you until you are happy with what they've done and others may charge you by the hour regardless of whether it was what you wanted. Just be sure to communicate well and be clear about expectations.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic