Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411528 Posts in 69381 Topics- by 58437 Members - Latest Member: GlitchyPSI

May 02, 2024, 04:09:15 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperBusinessFree Pixellated Flash Games?
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Free Pixellated Flash Games?  (Read 1392 times)
st33d
« on: May 03, 2012, 07:12:44 AM »

Nitrome is looking for some classic pixelled flash games to host as a sort of quality showcase feature.

(Effectively running a shameless Flash portal that only does one game at a time.)

Trying to build up a list of titles that would be free to host and use only pixelled artwork. Any suggestions? The more golden oldie the better.
tametick
Level 3

Could take weeks, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 10:43:49 AM »

I normally sell site-locks for Cardinal Quest's web version, but for Nitrome I'll let you host it for free <3

Moczan
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 11:26:43 PM »

Will you guys plan to do pixel flash games sponsorship in the future or drive traffic strictly from in-house productions?
st33d
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 01:32:02 AM »

Mat told me a while back that he was thinking of setting up a portal that only hosted high quality stuff and it could involve a revenue share for developers hosted that would be fair instead of minuscule (unlike Kongregate).

I think for now he just wants to see what it's like highlighting the odd decent game. Tom, our web-dev, is already snowed under trying to get accounts working.

I normally sell site-locks for Cardinal Quest's web version, but for Nitrome I'll let you host it for free <3

I'd love to get it on the site but my boss doesn't like RPGs Sad

Hence I'm making one in my spare time.

If this project expands I'll see what I can do to sneak it in  Ninja
tametick
Level 3

Could take weeks, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 01:35:21 AM »

It's not an RPG but fair enough Smiley

Good luck!

bateleur
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 01:36:33 AM »

If you're hosting for $0, does that mean the games can have ads in?

Also, what do you mean by "pixellated"? Last time I checked, all games use pixels.

tametick
Level 3

Could take weeks, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 01:39:57 AM »

Also, what do you mean by "pixellated"? Last time I checked, all games use pixels.

I'm guessing pixel-art vs. vector art.

st33d
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 03:15:05 AM »

Advertising in the games is completely fine. Mat wants to showcase pixel-art games as opposed to just games for now - the Nitrome audience is that "more of the exact same thing" variety.
tametick
Level 3

Could take weeks, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 03:30:32 AM »

the Nitrome audience is that "more of the exact same thing" variety.

Interesting to hear that, since I was under the impression that Nitrome is actually quite original and varied with many of the games they've made?

st33d
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 03:45:11 AM »

If I had a penny for every platformer Nitrome has made I'd probably be able to buy a mars bar.
Ashkin
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 03:45:54 AM »

Though it isn't finished and I'm not submitting it, do you think Subterrane could get in, once finished?
tametick
Level 3

Could take weeks, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2012, 03:49:08 AM »

If I had a penny for every platformer Nitrome has made I'd probably be able to buy a mars bar.

Heh, fair enough - I most hear about nitrome games via tigsource or other indie "press" sites, so I guess I only hear about the more interesting ones.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic