Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411632 Posts in 69393 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: sinsofsven

May 13, 2024, 03:58:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperDesignBased on the box art, design the game?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Print
Author Topic: Based on the box art, design the game?  (Read 30140 times)
TooMuchSpareTime
Level 3

Came for the VGNG comp, stayed for the other stuff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2008, 05:07:46 PM »

"After being sent on an embarrassing quest (see cover), you must try to keep it a secret from your warrior pals down at the pub lest they laugh at you."
ChevyRay
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2008, 05:12:21 PM »

I wanna meat Nolan Bushnell, just because of that. I bet he is an awesome guy.
Nate Kling
Pixelhead
Level 9

Caliber9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2008, 05:34:24 PM »

It looks like someone pulled his underwear up behind him and pulled them over his face. Its a secret quest because you cant see where you are going( because of the underwear in your face).  You can only navigate through your dragon-filled spaceship by listening to the muffled sounds of either the dragons running at you or the screams of your space-mates as they are being eaten alive by the dragons.

Radnom
Level 8

BANNED

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2008, 11:53:19 AM »

you wanna "meat" him, eh? give him a good "meat"ing?  Well, hello there! Well, hello there! Well, hello there!

Slash - Santiago Zapata
The White Knight
Level 4

Java/Javascript Game Dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2008, 12:19:37 PM »

Fixed (you forgot to make him extremely bow-legged and squinty, with one huge shoulder and one leg higher up than the other):

Edit: also important -- the lopsided helmet.

I love you

ChevyRay
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2008, 12:39:14 AM »

you wanna "meat" him, eh? give him a good "meat"ing?  Well, hello there! Well, hello there! Well, hello there!
Damn, that was the best typo ever :D

Or was it...? Evil
chris
Level 0

I like octopus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2008, 07:00:30 AM »

You play the lonely windmill: watch couples dance and play in front of you, knowing that you can never experience their joy. Press X repeatedly to spin, and O repeatedly to reminisce about better days. You can also press nothing to sit there, listlessly. It doesn't really matter in either case. There's no way to win, and the only losing condition is if you press X too much, causing the restraining device placed on your rotor to prevent you from overloading the outdated U.S. power grid to wear down your mechanism until you fall apart.

somebody make this
somebody make this NOW  WTF

edit: also, I always thought this game could be a bit more than what it is. an rpg or pokemon ripoff or something
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 07:06:31 AM by chris » Logged
Jared C
Level 10

hostess with the mostess

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2008, 01:57:15 PM »

somebody make this

Ico is already made!   It was a great game, that actually made me cry at the end.   Tears of Joy

Zaphos
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2008, 03:42:18 PM »

somebody make this

Ico is already made!   It was a great game, that actually made me cry at the end.   Tears of Joy
Ico, however, is not a game about being a lonely windmill  :D
jjs
Level 0

Lean like a Chozo!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2008, 07:08:58 PM »

somebody make this

Ico, however, is not a game about being a lonely windmill  :D

The last boss can be Don Quixote! :D
Zaphos
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2008, 11:26:04 AM »

edit: also, I always thought this game could be a bit more than what it is. an rpg or pokemon ripoff or something

Yes, that old man is up to something.  I think the chess pieces are like voodoo dolls, and by moving them he controls his minions.

Reminds me of this cover:

Featuring the dark lord of ... slot car racing ...

Other covers:

I just love the alien world this evokes.

A brilliant hacker could break the government's hardest codes.  He thought he could decode anything.  But can he decode dolphins?
Zaphos
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2008, 11:41:00 AM »

Ah, and another one:

( - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chulip )
cyprien
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2008, 11:52:26 AM »

Ah, and another one:

Makes me think of a seagull catching game...
Valter
Level 10

kekekekeke

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2008, 12:05:54 PM »

Shocked

Kiss Kiss
Xion
Pixelhead
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: October 28, 2008, 09:51:52 PM »

Ah, and another one:

You're a small mailman in a big port city. It starts out as a simple gig but you eventually find yourself pulled into the complicated lives of its inhabitants, becoming either a trusted courier with whom the townsfolk can confide or a meddlesome interloper who sneaks peeks at others' mail. You can become deeply involved in the politics of the city, blackmailing its higher-ups with intercepted messages from love affairs, or changing the official documents you deliver. Of course if you get caught, there will be dire repercussions. There will be snail mail packages that can be delivered within a limit of days, and more immediate packages that must be delivered ASAP. Time is of the essence - later mail will result in a bad rep, and quicker mail will get you much love.

Chris Whitman
Sepia Toned
Level 10

A master of karate and friendship for everyone.

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 28, 2008, 10:57:31 PM »

I love you

Aw, I like you too, buddy!

Formerly "I Like Cake."
Gainsworthy
Level 10

BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS...

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2008, 10:58:01 PM »

And that's TWO brilliant game ideas in one day. Bottle whatever you are currently consuming and deliver it for replication.

Actually, do you mind if I remember this idea for later use? Quite cool.
jjs
Level 0

Lean like a Chozo!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 29, 2008, 12:11:59 AM »

Ah, and another one:

You're a small mailman in a big port city. It starts out as a simple gig but you eventually find yourself pulled into the complicated lives of its inhabitants, becoming either a trusted courier with whom the townsfolk can confide or a meddlesome interloper who sneaks peeks at others' mail. You can become deeply involved in the politics of the city, blackmailing its higher-ups with intercepted messages from love affairs, or changing the official documents you deliver. Of course if you get caught, there will be dire repercussions. There will be snail mail packages that can be delivered within a limit of days, and more immediate packages that must be delivered ASAP. Time is of the essence - later mail will result in a bad rep, and quicker mail will get you much love.

Harvest Moon: Friends of Postal Town     Wink
chris
Level 0

I like octopus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: October 29, 2008, 03:16:36 AM »

I'll just leave this here...
agj
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: October 29, 2008, 01:21:17 PM »

Yes, that old man is up to something.  I think the chess pieces are like voodoo dolls, and by moving them he controls his minions.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic