Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411710 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58456 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 20, 2024, 07:59:20 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 602
Print
Author Topic: The Obligatory Introduce Yourself Thread  (Read 1976600 times)
Valen
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11880 on: June 08, 2023, 01:23:39 AM »

Hi. My name is ian. I'm solo indie. I've been into gaming since the c64. I've always wanted to make single player games with npc's that do their own thing. Made countless prototypes. Didn't finish most of them but have got to a stage where it's coming together. I've got 2 released games with others in the pipeline.

Cheers! Toast Right
NargOfYpres
Level 0

IndieDev. RTS, cRPG & Horror Enthusiast

View Profile
« Reply #11881 on: June 10, 2023, 11:20:32 PM »

Hi,

I'm Bruno Felipe Morselli, 29 yo from Brazil. I'm a hobbyist IndieDev who is now becoming professional (finally got some work on an unannounced project after years of trying)

I've been developing Mods and Games as a hobby since 2012, I am the developer of Amanara and now working on a personal MMO Project on my Free Time for portfolio (which is what got me the job).

Happy to join the community for discussion, feedback and entertainment.

See you all!

Check out my portfolio Projects:

Amanara:

Reckoning Dawn MMO: https://nargofypres.itch.io/nargs-reckoning-dawn-online

Have a great day and listen to Woods of Ypres!!!
Shaon1412
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11882 on: June 11, 2023, 09:25:10 AM »

Greetings to everyone! I'm Shaon. Well, I'm not a great fan of a wall of text as an introduction, but here's something you might want to know.
I'm a 10th grader and amateur solo developer working on an ant-based real-time strategy game with Godot 3.5. It is inspired by a few other games like Empires of the Undergrowth, Pocket Ants, Ant Queen 3d etc. (no, I'm not trying to sponsor them or something). Although I'm not going to release it just yet, the game has progressed quite nicely and I'd be happy to share my journey of developing it in the forum. So, be sure to stay tuned if this is something that catches your interest.

You may find the further progress here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLy-6oY0SaozZdW5JbZfc5ZBMo0BuVAxna
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 11:55:41 PM by Shaon1412 » Logged
Destined
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11883 on: June 17, 2023, 11:54:13 PM »

Hey everyone I am James. I am a little gamedev who also makes free tutorials for people on gamedev using unity https://www.youtube.com/@DestinedEducation Might not be the biggest channel but I am pretty proud of it.

I also like to make games, obviously Smiley
fairydev
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11884 on: June 24, 2023, 01:43:31 PM »

Hello!
I've been learning Unity C# for 3 years, programming and making art for much longer. I have issues with motivation, so I hope that starting a devlog here and posting progress on my game in a community of developers will help.
My favorite game is The Sims.
dannydeer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11885 on: June 27, 2023, 07:51:38 AM »

Hey guys! I'm Danny Deer and I'm working on Hollow Survivors: https://store.steampowered.com/app/2285940/Hollow_Survivors

I looove pixel art, especially in the top-down perspective.
Hyper Light Drifter is my favourite game of all time and my biggest inspiration.
I'm a programmer by trade.
I document the whole process of developing a game on my yt channel:

in the form of "Month of Gamedev" devlogs.
Nice to meet you all!
Eztak
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11886 on: June 27, 2023, 04:28:23 PM »

I am a game Dev from Brazil, I made some games in the past, but never published any, but I decided I will show my next project to the world, even if it is just on itich.io.
SoupOrWorm
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11887 on: June 29, 2023, 10:14:34 AM »

Hey, I'm Ryan.

I am a solo game dev and I am currently making my first commercial game release with Construct 3. I play many types of games, but I particularly like physics sandbox and VR games. My favorate game of all time is a tie between Celeste and Teardown, the latter of which kinda started my game dev journey by bringing me into the world of modding.

The game I am currently making is a dark humor filled aquatic metroidvania called 5 Star Fishy (https://store.steampowered.com/app/2371040/5_Star_Fishy/). I am about 1 year into development, and I have been documenting my progress in yt videos (https://www.youtube.com/@superwormthedev).

Thanks for reading!
luelly
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11888 on: June 30, 2023, 09:57:32 AM »

Hey everyone! My name is Luella, I've been doing game development for 5~ years now, and I'm currently very interested in the intersection of AI and animation, specifically exploring how to make AI creature/NPC generation more natural and organic and make games feel more "lifelike". (Greatly inspired by Rainworld!)  I'm currently working a day job as a technical artist in the corporate gaming world, but looking to expand to create my own indie game, or make tools to help other indie game devs create engaging AI like this.

You can find some of my work on https://twitter.com/luelly! I'll be creating a devlog too to document some my experiments with AI animation.
bopstik
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11889 on: July 01, 2023, 02:10:15 PM »

Greetings friends and foes. Me and my would-be game studio go by the name of "Bopstik"Wizard

It "would-be" if I had both the time, capital and professionalism to commit to a full studio, but alas, it's just yours truly for now. A dude coming to you from Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean; I'd be elated to know that maybe I wasn't the only one.

I remember my first attempt at doing anything resembling coding a game...when in University my Web course lecturer made us program a basic game using HTML and Javascript. He probably expected us to deliver the simple mechanics that he taught: basic X or Y movement, a single screen, basic scoring, maybe some coin collection thing. But this was finally my chance to actually make something! At the time I was reliving some nostalgia playing Jazz Jackrabbit 2, while also playing the then-recent Rayman Origins. And so I knew I had to make a proper 2d side-scrolling platformer. It was five screens of janky, item-collecting, platform jumping, enemy-avoiding, block-pushing nonsense, with a mini-boss at the end. But it was probably the best thing I'd ever done up to that point, and people were impressed enough by the presentation that our group had bothered to churn something out in such a short space of time. Thus began the habit of many sleepless nights trying to debug things that I should have coded more efficiently, and dealing with API's and frameworks that I couldn't work my head around. But I'd say it was all worth it! Game dev has been a hobby ever since, and unlikely to be anything more where I am. It's sometimes more time consuming than my career, but even when I have to put the passion down for either work or rest, I eventually return to it.

The games I like to make are passion projects, naturally inspired by games I've loved, and it just so happens that the genres I'd felt inspired by in recent years had been nostalgic RPG's, rhythm games, arcade shooters and relaxing puzzle games. In those years, one of the biggest joys I've found in my own work is that feeling when your own creation surprises you and seems to take on a form of its own without you ever meaning it to.

When the AI don't quite react in the way you expected and absolutely destroys you...
Or when that powerup was far more potent than you imagined and makes you feel like a god...
When the particle system shows you a stunningly beautiful sight that you don't even feel responsible for...
That's the kind of high I enjoy chasing in development. Games take on a life of their own, and for brief moments you can forget that you're the one creating them.

And in feeling that, one of the biggest markers for success I've had over the years; whether anyone has played my game or not...is if I can come back to something that I spent months slaving over it to the point of repetitive fatigue, and can still get a thrill out of it. That's when I know I've made something to be proud of.

But these days, despite being an island boy, I realize I couldn't be on an island forever. I'm a loner, and having glanced at several internet forums over the years, I can safely say that they intimidate me for good reason (my cynicism half expects someone to tell me this post is too long and boot me from the site; I guess I have forum trauma or something)
But there's an entire world of passionate independent people making games and playing games out there. So at the very least I figured that after over a decade of coding silly fun times alone in my computer, I may as well say Hi and trade some of those silly fun experiences with others while I have the free time to do so.
CoffeeDragon
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11890 on: July 01, 2023, 06:21:52 PM »

Howdy! Im Coffee Dragon and i have come here to make a whole lotta shameless plugs for the stuff I create!

I am a voice actor, battle map maker, and RPG designer. I just released my first RPG, 'Roll Doubles and Die', which I will post more info about in the appropriate threads.

stagfoo
TIGBaby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11891 on: July 03, 2023, 10:23:07 PM »

Gday I'm Stagfoo (Alex)

I am currently a full time software engineer but I want to make games. I am working on self containing mechanics to try and make 1 small games every month similar studios like sokpop. I do programming and artwork but sound I normally source elsewhere. I recently released Majo Mail on steam and I have other games listed here (https://stagfoo.itch.io/) and plenty of unfinshed experiments.

I have so much to learn and I want to join the indie community to share and grow.

https://twitter.com/stagfoo
https://stagfoo.itch.io/
[email protected]
wristworkdev
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11892 on: July 09, 2023, 04:07:32 AM »

Hello, I'm Alex and I run a micro studio called Wristwork (https://www.wristwork.com/). Web developer by day, so am currently exploring using that stack in a game development context.
Xtreme_93
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11893 on: July 09, 2023, 09:21:15 AM »

Hi everyone. I am an engine developer more than game developer. The technical details of making games are more interesting to me than the actual story telling, design of the game. Unfortunately, it has been 4 years since I left coding with a couple of unfinished projects. I am back. These days, I am starting my next game engine project from scratch, this time, with the goal of uploading polished games as well as the pure engine as a serious introduction to indie game industry. I love writing game development tools, hopefully, with more finished game samples and a good documentation so other people also use my engine.As for my technical background : Game Maker,C,OpenGL,OpenCL,Javascript,WebGL,Godot. I started learning WebGPU and C++ a couple of days ego.
Lawful
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11894 on: July 10, 2023, 04:50:27 PM »

Hi guys, i'm Lawful, i'm a developer of anything that i find interesting, and i'm certainly not secretly batman, anyways, I like coding in general, I started with python but my languages keep growing, I have been coding like for 3/4 years, i'm 17 at the moment,oh and i'm from Mexico, and well nice to meet you all
FunEntersTheChat
Level 0

Solo dev

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11895 on: July 11, 2023, 03:29:03 AM »

Hi,

I'm a solo dev, been fascinated by games since I was a kid.  SMB Mario

Now that I'm older I want to make the best RPGs possible during this short life time.

I hope to bring back the amazement I felt as a kid and pass it to the new generations.

joeqnicholson
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11896 on: July 12, 2023, 02:18:14 PM »

Hello everyone my names Joe, I'm new to the forum and currently working on my first commercial title oyster wars. Great to meet you all!
Illgib81
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #11897 on: July 18, 2023, 09:04:10 AM »

Hello everyone, i'm Marco from Italy  Beer!
I'm pretty new to the dev scene, i'm a 3d render as my main job, and play drums in my spare times with a bunch of bands.
I'm landed here looking for a place were i can grow my dev knowledge and get feedbacks for my projects.
See you around, cheers!
parker8ball
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11898 on: July 23, 2023, 05:33:03 AM »

Hi, I'm Parker a part time game dev/designer who focuses on social gaming experiences.
leoa69
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #11899 on: July 24, 2023, 10:41:20 PM »

Hello fellow gamers! I am thrilled to introduce myself as a dedicated gamer who finds absolute joy and excitement in the world of interactive entertainment. My passion for gaming knows no bounds, and I am always eager to dive into new virtual worlds and embark on thrilling adventures. From classic RPGs to intense first-person shooters, I have immersed myself in various genres, honing my skills and embracing the camaraderie of online communities. Gaming has not only been a source of entertainment but has also taught me valuable lessons in strategy, problem-solving, and teamwork. I am continuously seeking to expand my gaming horizons, and I look forward to connecting with like-minded individuals who share the same enthusiasm for this electrifying realm of endless possibilities. Game on!
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 602
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic