Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411656 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 06:09:31 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsBEACON - Sci-Fi Action Roguelike
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: BEACON - Sci-Fi Action Roguelike  (Read 7025 times)
TheHollowNight
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2016, 06:53:00 PM »

Sooooooo, it's been a long, LONG time since I've posted any updates on the game in here. We've been real busy and I'm simply just bad at keeping tabs on updating things!

I don't know where to begin to be honest, so much has changed since my last media dump here. We've got some very exciting news which will be announced early next month though  Smiley

Anyway, let's get to it.

Images!

The game has made a tremendous leap forward on all fronts, but probably most noticeably the visuals!

We moved the camera to a more traditional perspective, rather than orthographic. In the end we wanted to get depth back, and it allowed us to use lots of deferred light sources with shadowing.

We have random weather effects also! Day, night, rainy, dust storms.

UI

Weapon Pickup UI

Redesigned DNA reconstitution screen

Item icons and loot rarity symbols

Our User interface and menus have all also had an overhaul. We have much better notification systems for picking up and using items. We have waypoint indicators for Points of Interest. Also all of the Main elements are subtractive, meaning once used (or if you haven't yet picked up something) parts of the UI hide itself to keep everything as minimal as possible!

Here's some examples below!

And a nice little compilation video of some other menus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yxweBT4mEc&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=ArranSeaton

ENEMIES

A little showcase of some enemy animations!

GAMEPLAY

We have a bunch of cool new gameplay elements to keep things exciting, emergent and fun, including lots of traps to surprise the player! Here's a couple

Droid Drop Pods

EMP Generators

Deadly Pickups

Randomized Loot Gauntlet Locations

-------------------------

I'll be adding some more to the devblog soon, as well as updating the opening post with some nice key information on the game!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 07:19:11 PM by TheHollowNight » Logged

TheHollowNight
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2016, 04:39:32 PM »

Hey again everyone!
I'm proud to finally reveal the debut trailer for Beacon! Officially now coming to Xbox One, Mac & PC

We were also featured on the Made with Unity website!
http://madewith.unity.com/games/beacon

Which leads me right into the news that we will be present at GDC next week, as part of Unity's booth! So if you're attending, please do pop on by and try out the game! We'd love to know what people think of the game in it's early stages!

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2016, 06:49:08 PM »

Game is looking great! Nice to see all come together nicely

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic