Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411604 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 03:27:17 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsGOGNIO DUNGEON: NEW HORIZONS
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Author Topic: GOGNIO DUNGEON: NEW HORIZONS  (Read 23894 times)
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2018, 04:46:37 AM »

Here's a fact from 2018's future to get you through the year: No matter what, Gognio Dungeon is going to be a videogame where you can have a good time and forget about life's stresses and problems.

Somes games have menus: Gognio Dungeon is gonna have more menus than any game I can think of ever playing that had this many menus. Here's a break down of what some of these could probably mean if we implement them:

BET
that's where you can find all of your items and shit. Gotta find a place in every game where you can drag things from one side of the screen only in Gognio Dungeon you do it with a single button press. The Mouse is the way of the past and pressing keys is the way of the future.

We don't believe videogames can teach you anything or make you a good person. But we DO believe Gognio Dungeon will teach you all of the stats about Buffbod and Wiz Biz as you play the game. If there was a menu where you could find all of this stuff that existed outside of debug mode: this is what it would be called.

Our programmer put this in so we have no idea if it is just a placeholder or not: but you can bet if there are Gems in Gognio Dungeon that this is where you'd find them! Maybe they can make your life harder or easier. Monetary value in real life just makes things more difficult. Never take a shower.  

Look at this! We heard one time that some RPG (Roguelike Playing Games) let you press “t” to “talk” or “l” to “look” at an enemy. well in Gognio Dungeon you can pull up your menue and press “L” to “Look” at an enemy, and then maybe everything you see will be recorded here. Maybe you’ll get a glamor shot of your favorite badguy. We can’t promise you anything.

Every videogame has a metagame, and our metagame is learning to not die. Remember: everything you do in Gognio Dungeon lasts forever. there is no going back. just like in real life. That’s why you always gotta be able to plan accordingly. The shopping list of ingame tactics is located here.

B͛̓͐͐ͯǪ̹̤͔̤͒̀͊ͭN̢͔̳̪͙̯̐̏͒ͦͯU͔̙ͧ̉̽̒ͪ̾ͩŞ̫̬͋ͪͣ ̣͗̒̎̍̀ͧS̠̩͆̉Oͩ̊ͣ̄̇ͪ҉̣̻N͔̠̙̏ͩG̸̪̞̦̖͔͑̇ͅ:̷̙̞̖̤̰̆ͬͤ͆̄ͦ ͈͂̾̈A̢̓C̭̜̣͐ͤ́C̶͖̹͍̲͎̓ͤ̍̀ͭ̃̚Ḛ̲̣͍̋ͫ͂ͬ̏̓ͮS̐ͯ̇͛S̮ͧ ͈̆͜D̜̪̎̈́E̬̼̖̫͘N̲̩̍͠Ì̵̝̩̪̩̇͆ͩ̿E͇̫̦̎ͦD̙͉̐̇̊̀ͫ̉

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2018, 11:53:18 PM »

UPDATE: ITEMS CAN NOW BE FOUND

But I think we all know material goods will NEVER fill the hole in our hearts!

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2018, 03:43:04 PM »

Did you believe that videogames were cancelled?
Well: you are wrong. It's 2018 and videogames are still here, and they taught me how to fall in love again.
I would never want to touch another human being, but it's my believe that in 2019 and 2020, we're all gonna learn how to bring people closer together and we're gonna touch everybody: we're gonna touch them with software. That's what I'm going to 100% guarantee.

You're gonna get touched by this piece of edu-tainment and you're never gonna wanna go back
ARMORMAN TEACHES TYPING: COMING 2019

-Every piece of art in the game can be turned into a dungeon. We got Cross dungeons, we gotta fishing pool dungeons. Whole dungeons that stretch up into the ceiling. Dungeons made of my ex wife - it's an engine improvement.
-We didn't do anything at all the whole last year. Sorry. We were busy...with Nier: Automata, and now the direction of the game has changed to be about upskirt robots voiced by people I know. Gognio Dungeon: Robots can make you feel, coming 2019
-Now the player can die. Videogames taught me that players need to die before they can have an emotional involvement in the game. Now you can die, and dying lasts forever. Try not to do it!

Keyboards have a lot of keys. Maybe you'll press arrows to go directions. Maybe it's more likely the game will have a compass and you'll have to decide where you want to go with hundreds of individual inputs. That's how people in real life move, and that's how gognio dungeon is:

Gognio Dungeon Is Real Life (2019)

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
bbtombo
Level 1

lvl 2 spellcaster

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2018, 11:30:36 AM »

i am ready for real life (2019)

Geoff Moore
Level 3

Game composer for hire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2018, 02:32:36 PM »

this devlog is an excellent example of why tigs is the coolest place to hang on the 'web'

The Armorman I have a question: What would happen if there were in fact two Gognios and also can there be a dungeon made entirely of Gognios?

Composer for multiple Steam and Itch-released indie games. Listen/contact: https://geoffmoore.co.uk

The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2018, 01:10:50 AM »

That's not a real question but hypothetically if ypu got to the bottom of this dungeon there may be one or two Gognios there

maybe you can take them...maybe you can leave them  Shrug

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2018, 02:18:16 AM »

Quickly Approaching 50 Monsters, The Oath  That I Made To Myself That Day

maybe if you want you can assume this is at least 50 skeletons, and let me off the hook.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 02:42:31 AM by The Armorman » Logged

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
bbtombo
Level 1

lvl 2 spellcaster

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2019, 06:03:59 PM »

lets teach people to love

The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2019, 01:08:02 AM »

wow been awhile since we updated! maybe we've just been having too much fun with videogames!  Hand Any Key

that's probably not it at all, but we promise you: if there's any good in the world, we'll have a playable build ready as soon as we can get one. nobody has to get hurt anymore, waiting for us.

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2019, 02:04:41 AM »

dearest mr armorman. my sincere apologies for reading up to page 4 two years ago and to the best of my recollection not posting here. to be succinct, i am in love with you and your process. i offer up the only true treasure i possess: Joe's Kind Regards.
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 23, 2019, 02:53:43 AM »

we couldnt do this all without you. i'm sorry it's taking so long
but you'll be able to taste some of these fifty delicious floor one day soon

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2019, 10:59:43 PM »

Gognio Dungeon is all about...ease of menu. I don't like having to select a bunch of stuff and guess what, neither do you.
It's all about hearing that little pop noise. That's what Gognio Dungeon has a lot of, because that's the only noise videogames have ever been good at making. Just ask Falcom.

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
HollowHollowHollow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2019, 11:07:58 AM »

Where am I? What is this? More importantly- where have my pants gone?  Concerned
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2019, 09:40:58 AM »

The most important thing about on-line is asking your parents permission before logging on.

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2019, 05:14:10 AM »

I don't know how videogame development works.
I wish I was a middle aged, horny japanese man in the 80's smoking lots of cigarettes and sleeping in his office while he drew pctures for Dragon Warrior...it's true.

If you want, ypu can ask me questions or give me criticism for the whole next page...I'll answer them and consider them all honestly.

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
Superb Joe
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 21, 2019, 08:39:52 AM »

I don't know how videogame development works.
I wish I was a middle aged, horny japanese man in the 80's smoking lots of cigarettes and sleeping in his office while he drew pctures for Dragon Warrior...it's true.

If you want, ypu can ask me questions or give me criticism for the whole next page...I'll answer them and consider them all honestly.
hi, how are you?
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2019, 10:42:55 AM »

I'm Doing Good(tm) Family, My Dreams Are On Fuego, AF.

last week we got some guis figured out. Videogames should never make anyone read anything....and that's why all the letters in Gognio Dungeon are optional

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
HollowHollowHollow
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2019, 12:04:12 AM »

These better be some sexy guis.
The Armorman
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2019, 01:28:24 AM »

Our programmer is going through a rough tine. Sorry for all the delays...
it's important to support each other in tough times in this "dungeon world" we all must enter at birth.

Please be patient. This wensite/videogame is under construction!

BELOW FOR GOGNIOS

ABOVE, FOR GOGNIOS
QOG
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2019, 02:52:08 PM »

Our programmer is going through a rough tine. Sorry for all the delays...
it's important to support each other in tough times in this "dungeon world" we all must enter at birth.

Please be patient. This wensite/videogame is under construction!
I will try to be patient. And post to follow.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic