Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 02:48:29 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsHasslevania Episode 2: This Space for Rent
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Author Topic: Hasslevania Episode 2: This Space for Rent  (Read 7006 times)
Del_Duio
Level 2

Supreme Omelettelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2012, 07:31:54 AM »

Thanks, WB Smiley

One of the things I have to fix later today is how the hot chicks (pictured in the cheese) aren't moving behind the cheese layer. When you first enter the room you see their eggs on the bottom and then they hatch soon afterwards. It's easy enough, gotta' love oversights of this sort.

I'm going to copy / paste my devlog entry from the Daily Click because it's more detailed in what I've been up to with this lately:

A few things to update here for those who've been following the game, and what I've been up to with it recently:

#1) I'm almost done with the latest area The Nacho Lab. This past weekend I was able to complete 2 more rooms for it and then I have 1 more corridor which leads to the eventual big boss fight for the area. Although not every area has a big boss in it, this one will be tough and guard the last of the power ups I've yet to put in the game. Also, this area is really reminding me of a Metroid game rather than anything Castlevania-ish. Works for me!

#2) I've improved the Necro fight even more than before. Using excellent feedback from my playtesters I've been able to really make this guy pretty challenging. New things include an improved Ice Sword spell for better Rovert freezin' and the Bat Form spell from my Necropolis Rising game. Definitely spices things up!

#3) One of the important NPCs you can meet and have join your crew is now key in obtaining a 'secrety' power up / upgrade to one of your armors. Let's just say that now players who want to fully explore the cooking aspect of the game will be rewarded with a cool cutscene, some interesting story bits, and a great upgrade. But now I've said too much!

#4) To further help the Hasslevania 2 n00b I've added some more player-friendly things here and there including some new entries in the in-game help book and warning signs whenever you're about to enter a big boss fight room. Since your backpack will be unavailable to you during boss fights, you'll have some time to pick and choose which armor and up to 3 weapons you can take in with you instead of being blindsided with the wrong gear and far from your last save point.

#5) Increased sequence breaking possibilities! Yes, I've gone and removed a couple of the game's normal roadblocks from key points now. This has to be fully tested- and it will be- but this will mean that players who want to explore a bit further than most might be able to get items and weapons or whatever long before they're really "supposed" to get them. This includes fights with some of the meaner big bosses earlier than usual. Don't worry though, because in order to balance this right I'm still giving players the "easier" paths to take that are.. eh, more obvious I guess 

Also: I may be in the market for another playtester for the game, if you're interested Windybeard. I gotta' trust any playtester for this, and at least I can trust you! If you're interested please let me know either here or via e-mail and thanks again Smiley

DXF Games: Just a Cleric, Equin- The Lantern, Hasslevania, ODW, Neil Peart- Mission: The Camera Eye and more http://dxfgames.com
Windybeard
Level 4

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2012, 07:35:56 AM »

Also: I may be in the market for another playtester for the game, if you're interested Windybeard. I gotta' trust any playtester for this, and at least I can trust you! If you're interested please let me know either here or via e-mail and thanks again Smiley

Hey man, that would be awesome, i would love to have a test of Hasslevania! let me know what you need from me and ill do my best!

Thanks buddy!

Del_Duio
Level 2

Supreme Omelettelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2016, 02:11:33 AM »

The game is now on Steam Greenlight, with a release date set for 2017.
Thanks for your patience with this thing, almost 10 years now!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=736632423

DXF Games: Just a Cleric, Equin- The Lantern, Hasslevania, ODW, Neil Peart- Mission: The Camera Eye and more http://dxfgames.com
Del_Duio
Level 2

Supreme Omelettelord

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2016, 02:10:49 AM »

After just too many new bugs and shit trying to get it working for Steam, I've reverted this to a 2014 build and permanently canceled the project. The game is now released - as unfinished - as of last night:

https://del-duio.itch.io

It's the second game down on the page. You can get as far as a few rooms into the final area of the final planet. This is about 5-10 hours of gameplay, more if you're a completionist.

I want to thank everybody who supported this over the last 9 years but it was ultimately too much of a HASSLE.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic