Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411669 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 11:45:07 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingThe Four Chambers Of The Human Heart
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Four Chambers Of The Human Heart  (Read 1560 times)
initials
Level 2

Initials

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2013, 04:55:41 PM »

Hey everyone,

I've got a build of my game that I'm happy with and a custom high score system that is pretty cool. I want to get as many people playing it as possible because I want to see the high score database pushed to the limit.

So let's all play it and get your friends playing it. I've tried the Minecraft model of crowd funding, offering an Alpha with all updates included it. But for TigSourcers, let's play it for free!

http://initialsgames.com/fourchambers/paid.php?type=tig
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 05:16:22 PM by initials » Logged

Initials
VFX/Games/Music
Super Lemonade Factory, Super Lemonade Factory Part Two, Revvolvver, Four Chambers of the Human Heart.
Indievelopper
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 10:27:36 PM »

What is your game about?
You don't give any information as to what kind of game this is, not even on your website!
I've looked for clues, but even the video seems completely random.

You should be more explicit about your game if you want people to test it. (or buy it, since it seems to be a commercial game!)

Also, I downloaded the game, launched it and it crashed right after I've put my name in it.
Call me paranoid, but I'm actually wondering if I didn't just download a cleverly disguised trojan...
initials
Level 2

Initials

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 10:33:20 PM »

Also, I downloaded the game, launched it and it crashed right after I've put my name in it.
Call me paranoid, but I'm actually wondering if I didn't just download a clever disguised trojan...

If I could write trojans, I wouldn't be making games.

All other criticisms taken on board.

The game is about a pest control company that forces its workers to wear cosplay costumes at work.

Initials
VFX/Games/Music
Super Lemonade Factory, Super Lemonade Factory Part Two, Revvolvver, Four Chambers of the Human Heart.
Indievelopper
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2013, 02:14:15 AM »

Oh, writing a trojan is much easier than you think.

Anyway, is it a story-driven game? If it is, then maybe just mention it, so people know what it's about. If it's not you should probably talk about the mechanics and all.

By the way, I redownloaded the game and tried it again just to be sure, and I still have the same error : "System.FormatException" is thrown. If any fancy shared lib is required, you should point it out aswell.
heartbeast
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 06:49:17 PM »

I loved the graphics! I'm excited to see where you take this.
Bret Hudson
Level 0

Game & Web Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 10:48:03 PM »

Hey everyone,

I've got a build of my game that I'm happy with and a custom high score system that is pretty cool. I want to get as many people playing it as possible because I want to see the high score database pushed to the limit.

So let's all play it and get your friends playing it. I've tried the Minecraft model of crowd funding, offering an Alpha with all updates included it. But for TigSourcers, let's play it for free!

http://initialsgames.com/fourchambers/paid.php?type=tig

The graphics are fantastic and the game feels pretty polished gameplay-wise. The controls are simple, tight, and feel great. I did encounter some tile bugs, but those shouldn't be too hard to sort out.

Without any form of instructions or goal, the game currently feels pretty pointless and quite infuriating upon death. Touching anything that isn't ground or air kills you instantly, without any form of notification. You just disappear. That's pretty annoying.

For the falling enemies, I'd add some sort of indication that they're falling. I shot one out of the air on accident while it was off screen and it landed on me and I disappeared, completely confused with what had happened.

The game definitely shows potential, and I hope to see it take off if the proper steps are taken.

initials
Level 2

Initials

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 03:22:11 PM »

The graphics are fantastic and the game feels pretty polished gameplay-wise. The controls are simple, tight, and feel great. I did encounter some tile bugs, but those shouldn't be too hard to sort out.

Without any form of instructions or goal, the game currently feels pretty pointless and quite infuriating upon death. Touching anything that isn't ground or air kills you instantly, without any form of notification. You just disappear. That's pretty annoying.

For the falling enemies, I'd add some sort of indication that they're falling. I shot one out of the air on accident while it was off screen and it landed on me and I disappeared, completely confused with what had happened.

The game definitely shows potential, and I hope to see it take off if the proper steps are taken.

Thank you. All good points.

I've updated the build if anyone wants to re-play, although it doesn't address all of these comments, only some of them.

Initials
VFX/Games/Music
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic