Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411667 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 16, 2024, 08:17:37 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingCYPHER - The Online Multiplayer Hacking Platform Shooter
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: CYPHER - The Online Multiplayer Hacking Platform Shooter  (Read 3208 times)
Soenneker
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: October 20, 2013, 07:27:28 PM »

CYPHER
The Official Free Online Multiplayer Hacking Platform Shooter
http://www.CypherGame.net
Trailer:

Strategy, tactics, and fast decision making are all needed in this incredibly intense game. CYPHER was constructed in a way that allows for enormous amounts of skill. This gives users a rich experience, but does require learning the fundamentals. A ‘Capture the Flag’ dynamic is applied to this interesting, complex and dangerous environment. Cypher is unique as it was built from the ground up to support cooperation as well as competition with others in real-time. A free chat and game network with dedicated servers provide for solid gaming. It is still in development, but it is online and playable. Cypher features an automatic updating system that distributes the very latest version to all the players seamlessly as the game is developed. This project has been almost five years in the making, with the map editor starting a year before that.

Features
• Free online lobby network that provides for chat and game matchmaking.
• Increase your hacking skills and strength as you level your Agent with completed online missions.
• Leaderboards display the top players across the globe.
• Automatic updating system so players always have the latest version.
• Jetpacks, Lasers, Blasters, Plasma’s, Detonators, and heath packs are just a few of the many tools your Agent can utilize.
• Entirely open environment with endless possibilities for strategy, teamwork, and sabotage.
• Controls are highly intuitive and precise, giving players the opportunity to employ skill on a massive scale.
• 10 unique maps that can support up to 8 players in any arrangement of teams or FFA.
• Integrated exception reporting system to give developers bug reports on the fly.

Background
The plot of CYPHER is the overthrow of the tyrannical Martian government. In the not-too-distant future, colonization of Mars has been completed and the new government is being influenced by evil corporations. These organizations are rife with corruption and greed. The populace seems to not notice or care, lulled into a false sense of complacency by the media as their freedoms are stripped from them. From the darkness, a collection of underground computer hackers emerges to find valuable secret information which can lead to the downfall of the destructive forces that have taken over the planet. YOU are one such hacker, bent on revenge and justice, trying to bring about that change.

Throughout the civilian world are public-access terminals. Using a special device, you are able to hack into secured networks and steal secrets from the government. They will try to stop you at every turn, killing anyone they track down carrying their secrets with their murderous orbital satellites. Competing agents, out to make a name for themselves or representing different agencies, will also attempt to kill you to slow you down or profit off your hard work. Working alone, or in covert teams, with a host of technology on your side, you are able to overcome these challenges, collecting data you will be able to one day use and open the eyes of all civilians and expose the lies of those in power.

Download CYPHER (XP, V, 7, 8 )

http://forum.CypherGame.net
https://twitter.com/CypherGame
https://facebook.com/CypherGame
https://youtube.com/user/CypherGame
https://google.com/+CypherGameNet
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 11:24:07 PM by Soenneker » Logged

Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 10:58:56 PM »

Silencer (old Mind Control Software game, some fans tried to revive it in 2007, but it went down again)?  Smiley

Edit: umm, after looking at your game more than the title image...

Are Silencer assets free to use or did you remake them, I can't tell but it's pretty much the same..?

Edit: oh your game will be free (not f2p, right?) too so I guess it's ok, like any fan game. Shouldn't the original (Silencer, not zSilencer or other fan efforts) at least be acknowledged in some way? Reading the information provided I would never guess it's based on an old game at all, never mind doing it this closely and faithfully. Other fan projects like zSilencer (I took the screenshot from that, I couldn't find original material or from the Arsia Mons effort that didn't modify/remake the game, but it seems the same) at least make that clear.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2013, 11:24:08 PM by Games Inquirer » Logged

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
Soenneker
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 06:18:37 PM »

Thanks for your questions and feedback, and we appreciate your interest in Cypher. The lack of mentioning Silencer is due to the fact that we didn't find it to be useful comparison or reference when only a small group of people have seen it before, considering Silencer has been offline for over 10 years and was abandoned by Mind Control. Cypher as a whole encompasses a vast array of projects utilizing modern programming languages and frameworks, with all pieces built from scratch using no Silencer source. Our goal from the very beginning has been to construct a stable, reliable architecture that would give the absolute best player experience without compromising robustness and development ease. We are positive this is the right direction to go as this game achieves more momentum. Additionally, we hope to implement new features and gameplay styles not featured in Silencer. And yes, Cypher will be free! I hope this answers your questions, and you will join us in a game!

Games Inquirer
Level 4

I love video games.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2013, 05:32:56 AM »

Maybe your content is 100% new but it's clearly based on the original, from the gameplay down to the sprites. It's not just another game that happens to be in the same genre or merely inspired by Silencer. Would it really confuse or put anyone off to have one of the lines in an about page talk about how your game is based on a cult classic multiplayer game called Silencer and linking to its wikipedia entry or whatever? I don't think that people not knowing of it already means it's fine to not give credit where credit is due but that's me.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 05:40:42 AM by Games Inquirer » Logged

Check out my amateur blog in Greek or English.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic