Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411669 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 10:27:02 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingLakeview Cabin (2D horror game)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Lakeview Cabin (2D horror game)  (Read 5427 times)
Hypnohustla
Level 1

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2013, 02:18:23 AM »

I just released a new game called Lakeview Cabin. It's the first horror game I've made and I tried to stay away from the usual horror game design.

http://gamejolt.com/games/action/lakeview-cabin/18469/

Please tell me your thoughts! I'd love to discuss about the design choices and how they work in your opinion. Criticism is always welcome!  Coffee
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 03:11:50 AM by Hypnohustla » Logged

Gear
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 06:49:31 AM »

Enjoyed it, complete with "Holy crap" moments and "Twatting around with bees and lawnmowers" moments
Panurge
Level 5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 07:14:04 AM »

One of the best things I've played this year. It tells a full, satisfying story within a handful of screens in a way that is really fun to play. Plus, it's good to get naked and commune with nature once in a while.

pladmi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 09:42:13 AM »

This game looks really great and quite possibly it is really amazing, but I'm stuck at the very beginning.

I can't find a way to pick up a key from the toilet. I know I'm supposed to take it, I know I could do it in real life, I even tried to bring something to stand on to reach it, but nothing helped. Being unable to do something as simple is so frustrating. If someone tells me how to do it I'll absolutely give it another shot.

Lets be friends!
Gear
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 11:45:12 PM »

This game looks really great and quite possibly it is really amazing, but I'm stuck at the very beginning.

I can't find a way to pick up a key from the toilet. I know I'm supposed to take it, I know I could do it in real life, I even tried to bring something to stand on to reach it, but nothing helped. Being unable to do something as simple is so frustrating. If someone tells me how to do it I'll absolutely give it another shot.

There's probably a better way of doing it, but here's what I did:
Bring a whole log(don't chop it yet) into the toilet and place it on either side, but not the center.
Stand on the side opposite the log (so you can chop it) and chop it.
The piece of wood that jumps up should knock the key down.
You then have to just carry all the items out of the toilet till you pick up the key.

Note: If you leave the toilet after the wood jumps up and before you see the key fall, it doesn't count, and you've got to do it again with another log or after a reset.
Hypnohustla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 12:07:24 AM »

The log chopping is the method I intended people to use. I left one log directly under the beehive to hint at this solution. There's also a second key buried somewhere in the level.
I'll probably add another solution if people have suggestions. I'll also have to check into that bug Gear mentioned.

I'm glad people are seemingly enjoying it. Most complaints are about the puzzles being too hard and I cant say that I cant relate to them. I've probably never been able to beat a point and click game without using a walkthrough at some point.
But I'm always interested in suggestions to make it more accesible since I'm still going to update the game.

victornh
TIGBaby

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 04:16:00 PM »

I loved the game, had fun for 2 hours!! But i took too long to kill the "alien baby" and i only find 1 way. i only got disapointed cause 2 alcohol + the oil explosion couldnt kill it. I'm curious if the bee hive, the Lawn mower, the cooked meat and the bucket of water do something Huh? As pew die pie i spend many time trying things with these itens
Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 05:44:38 PM »

Man, I have no idea how to kill this bitch. Tongue
It also seems really easy to permanently get yourself stuck, too.

Either way, make more like this please!  Grin
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 06:02:17 PM by Ben_Hurr » Logged
Hypnohustla
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 02:12:04 AM »

Man, I have no idea how to kill this bitch. Tongue
It also seems really easy to permanently get yourself stuck, too.

Either way, make more like this please!  Grin

The game has gained so much positive feedback that I'm definitely going to experiment with this concept more.
Also, how did you get stuck in the game? I'm currently working on an update for the game and would like to fix all the bugs Smiley

Ben_Hurr
Level 10

nom nom nom

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 01:14:06 PM »

Well, accidentally chop one too many wood and there's no recourse but to restart... or running over the bear-trap or your axe with the riding mower.

btw the riding mower incidents were hillarious the first time they happened to me.  Tongue

Oh! The bear trap works ifilly on the lake ghost, sometimes it sets it off, sometimes it just smashes the trap. idkwatdafuq
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 01:22:12 PM by Ben_Hurr » Logged
flap
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 04:33:03 AM »

I have discovered it yesterday. I love it !

On first play, those 2 days left before the event are really great as they let us believe that the game will take a very different route (kind of cottage simulator).

Well, I usually have tons of things to suggest. But here, I don't really see anything much to add.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic