Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411658 Posts in 69395 Topics- by 58451 Members - Latest Member: Monkey Nuts

May 15, 2024, 07:50:43 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingKNOH - an open-source Kohctpyktop implementation
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: KNOH - an open-source Kohctpyktop implementation  (Read 1003 times)
Johnman
Level 0

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2013, 09:57:59 AM »

KNOH

KNOH is a fan open-source project to implement and expand on the mechanics used in the freeware game KOHCTPYKTOP: Engineer of the People by Zachtronics. It is written in C++ on top of SFML (completely cross-platform) and the name is completely arbitrary with no meaning whatsoever. The aim of the project is to produce a sandbox experience in which players can design and share both circuits and challenges.

For those who don't know the game by Zachtronics, KOHCTPYKTOP is a game about designing electronic circuits (using a special, semi-realistic, set of rules) to meet the specifications of your mysterious employer. It has a lovely soviet theme and it gets quite challenging. I strongly recommend you going over there and giving it a try (and to all of Zachtronics games really, they are superb).

I was intrigued by the mechanics and started trying to implement them as a challenge years ago. After iterations, breaks and whatnot I think I finally managed to get it to work and figured why not share it. I'd like to add features like design sharing, snippets, creation of custom goals and challenges, additional components and self-contained prefabs. All community-driven. But for that, of course, you need a community first. I'd like to see if this gets anywhere, to be honest, I don't think this concept would attract a lot of people.

Anyway, please tell me what you think. Any and all contributions to the project are welcome and much appreciated. Head over to the GitHub repository for more info and downloads.

Preliminary Windows build: download (400 KB) Apparently this build is invalid and it won't run on some machines. If you have a 64 bit system and VS2013 installed you may be able to run it. I don't have access to a non-development machine for now. I'll try to get it sorted out in the following days.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 03:10:53 AM by Johnman » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic