Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411670 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 01:36:21 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingJust Silence
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Just Silence  (Read 973 times)
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« on: November 04, 2013, 02:04:15 PM »

I made this game in a day (today) for GBJam 2. It's about the death penalty, a subject I'm interested in. It has a silent film aesthetic.

Again, you can play it here.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 02:31:23 PM by AD1337 » Logged

mrBlack
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 03:30:36 PM »

It was all right.

I liked the silent film screen that you put over the game.

I can't say that I thought there was any point to it, however.  In any case, nice job.

Dev Log: Lejendary Dev Log
adganong
Level 0

Motif

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 03:35:56 PM »

so... sloow...

Really like the aesthetic of it thoguh! you did a good job on the grain.
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 05:12:02 PM »

Thanks guys!

Ancient Account
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 12:46:42 AM »

As others said, the aestheticism is really good.
I thought a skip button would be nice to fast up things, until I realized what the game was about.
mihai
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 08:29:13 AM »

I want to give them all Innocent so the game would go faster Smiley But I love the game aesthetics, you could maybe add some clues or hear multiple people's depositions and decide upon those. (Sorry, brainstorming just hit Tongue )

pladmi
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 11:51:34 AM »

I liked the aesthetics, but I didn't get the point of the game. So here I am, declaring everybody innocent because "everyone is innocent until proven otherwise", and some of them apparently are actually guilty. But apparently one of the suspects didn't like my verdict so they come and kill me anyway. Bad end?

So I think "okay, maybe I should rule out the correct verdicts now". Which I do, and get accused of killing two people (what? I suppose its those two who were guilty?) and it actually doesn't matter whether I rule that I am guilty or innocent - I get the same "The End" screen.

So the deeper meaning of the game eluded me. Is it supposed to have a point? If not, it is just a waste of time (no offense!). If yes, than it was probably not delivered clearly, since I missed it completely and can't even tell whether it even exists.

Lets be friends!
AD1337
Level 9

Lucas Molina

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2013, 05:41:54 PM »

As others said, the aestheticism is really good.
I thought a skip button would be nice to fast up things, until I realized what the game was about.

Yeah, skipping really wouldn't make sense in this game. Thanks!

I want to give them all Innocent so the game would go faster Smiley But I love the game aesthetics, you could maybe add some clues or hear multiple people's depositions and decide upon those. (Sorry, brainstorming just hit Tongue )

This was my initial idea, it suffered from the feature cutting required to finish projects (especially in a day). Thanks for your comment.

I liked the aesthetics, but I didn't get the point of the game. So here I am, declaring everybody innocent because "everyone is innocent until proven otherwise", and some of them apparently are actually guilty. But apparently one of the suspects didn't like my verdict so they come and kill me anyway. Bad end?

So I think "okay, maybe I should rule out the correct verdicts now". Which I do, and get accused of killing two people (what? I suppose its those two who were guilty?) and it actually doesn't matter whether I rule that I am guilty or innocent - I get the same "The End" screen.

So the deeper meaning of the game eluded me. Is it supposed to have a point? If not, it is just a waste of time (no offense!). If yes, than it was probably not delivered clearly, since I missed it completely and can't even tell whether it even exists.

Yep! Your opinion is valid and would probably be similar to my own reaction had I not made the game. Thanks.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic