Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411669 Posts in 69397 Topics- by 58452 Members - Latest Member: homina

May 16, 2024, 10:23:50 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingName it! Building a drug dealing empire
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Name it! Building a drug dealing empire  (Read 880 times)
mark_webworks
Level 0

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2013, 05:04:05 AM »

I built a game and have no idea what to call it!

What would you call a game where you build a drug dealing empire, starting from nothing, to take over corner after corner from competing dealers in hails of gunfire, recruiting workers along the way and setting them up on the street to move product, or using them as soldiers in your personal entourage?

The setting is heavily inspired by GTA:San Andreas and the Baltimore of The Wire.

Gameplay revolves around clearing out additional areas, while doing collection runs to your dealers, and taking care of new upstarts setting up on your territory. As your operation grows, you hook up with distributors so you can take home product in bulk, increasing profits from your street dealers and allowing you to sell batches to other players. As your wealth swells, you move into real estate, owning more and more of your neighborhood and upgrading the buildings to create greater revenue flow.

Everything takes place in 2.5D isometric view, real-time action. Lot of shootouts, with dynamic environment that takes damage when the bullets start flying. The game is played primarily as single player, each player having their own world (neighborhood), but players can run missions against each other, in which case the attacking player shows up in the target's world and attempts jackings on the target and his dealers. Players can also trade with each other as mentioned, high level players providing lower level players with product at good prices. Assist missions let players help each other against their enemies, be they human or AIs.

As you might notice the game is a cross-over of several genres: Action, RTS, business sim, bit of RPG, plus the whole multiplayer dimension.

The game is fairly far along in development, will supply a link later. But for now my main concern is coming up with a catchy title for the concept. So if you got something, I would love to hear it!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 05:12:55 AM by mark_webworks » Logged
Jove
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 05:23:59 AM »

"Remember my name"
Udderdude
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 05:29:10 AM »

I fucking love cocaine : The game.
jiitype
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 08:01:20 AM »

Drugipo

Drugopa Universalis
NeonPuzzler
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 11:38:40 AM »

Legendary Dealers!
Pishtaco
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 11:45:30 PM »

Pusher Man
Hardball

Sved
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 01:06:05 AM »

Physical dependence
Hook & Cash
Straight through the gum
Pumpin'
Snow tracks
Psychoactive

... but that is mostly psychological. Check my devlog!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic