Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411539 Posts in 69383 Topics- by 58439 Members - Latest Member: isabel.adojo

May 02, 2024, 03:01:14 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsCheddar Beach: Episode 0
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Cheddar Beach: Episode 0  (Read 150 times)
Son of Bryce
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: February 23, 2024, 04:55:26 PM »

Hello Ya'll!

For the past year, I’ve been working on this game called Cheddar Beach. It’s a visual novel with a splash of point-&-click adventure game. I’m nearing releasing the first part, Episode 0. It’s planned for release on PC (Steam) and mobile (Android and iOS). It’s about 40 minutes of gameplay.

Cheddar Beach is the story of a young adult hamster named Hamston moving from the middle of nowhere to the big city. Things turn out different than he expects, of course. He will learn some lessons about hard work and responsibility, but what really matters is having fun along the way. Actually, having fun is the most important part!

Episode 0 is something like a “pilot” episode. It’s a slice of the world, somewhere in the middle of the story, to give players a sense of what it’s about. Actually, mostly for ME to figure out exactly how this game would work and how long it’d take to make about an hour of gameplay.

The game is developed in Godot. It uses Dialogic for its conversation system (it’s great!). I’m writing, programming, drawing and creating music for this one. My teammate Ricky is also helping out with character designs.

Currently, the entire story is playable from start to finish. I’ve been testing for about the past month and intend to do another pass at the story based on feedback. I imagine that it’ll be in a good enough state to release with the next polish pass on the scenario.

I’m planning to release this as early access. With the primary content in, I want to go in and keep adjusting things with new bits of dialogue and features. I’m hoping that what we have to show is promising enough to gain some support to keep it going.

Thanks for checking it out!

Will update when I’ve got the website up!

Peace.

-Bryson

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic