Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411576 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58444 Members - Latest Member: darkcitien

May 05, 2024, 06:18:28 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityDevLogsScraps: Modular Vehicle Combat - Vehicle combat with buildable vehicles
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: Scraps: Modular Vehicle Combat - Vehicle combat with buildable vehicles  (Read 64024 times)
Nition
Level 4

Some random guy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: November 28, 2013, 10:45:22 PM »

Today's Kickstarter update is a bit of a guide to creating building a vehicle, for newbies: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nition/scraps-customisable-vehicle-combat-for-windows-mac/posts/677558
Lemoncog
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: November 29, 2013, 01:51:49 AM »

I'm excited by this and will check out the demo soon. Really liked how one guy toppled his car from the kickback of shooting his turrets! I see some cool A-Team style tricks coming out of this.

Nition
Level 4

Some random guy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: December 01, 2013, 05:14:17 PM »

Halfway there with this Kickstarter thing. Today's update has some footage from the multiplayer prototype, a bit of info about weapon placement, and some stuff that a marketing department might call a "call to action":
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nition/scraps-customisable-vehicle-combat-for-windows-mac/posts/680640
Nition
Level 4

Some random guy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #163 on: December 03, 2013, 12:59:00 PM »

Pledges have really dropped off since the initial news posts, and I'm getting a whole lot of silence from the remaining news sites. Getting a bit worrying. I'm still putting a lot of work into contacting people and promoting, but if you want to help this game get made, now is the time.

Some people recommend just basically constantly spamming on Twitter, on forums etc, but I'm not going to subject people to that stuff because I hate it when people do that myself. My spamming is very moderate.

But if anyone wants to help by posting on forums they frequent, on Reddit, Facebook, Twitter, whatever, that can help as much as actually pledging real cash. It's nice when it's not the guy making the game who's posting all the time.

Short link: http://kck.st/1bdXwV1
gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: December 03, 2013, 01:27:00 PM »

Keep up the great work. Looks super so far!

Nition
Level 4

Some random guy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2013, 03:24:25 PM »

Made this for the animated GIF demographic:

Nition
Level 4

Some random guy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: December 04, 2013, 11:55:03 AM »

Oh hey, Scraps got greenlit on Steam today.
primaerfunktion
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: December 04, 2013, 01:30:15 PM »

Nice. I am really looking forward to playing the shit out of it.

RK3000 - A city destruction game inspired by Godzilla and Megazords.
DevlogIndieDB

twitter.com/primaerfunktion
gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: December 04, 2013, 03:28:11 PM »

What number of votes had you gotten?

Nition
Level 4

Some random guy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #169 on: December 04, 2013, 03:40:09 PM »

Currently on 8,521 yes votes, plus 2,388 yes votes from when I was in the Concepts section. From the chart it looks like Scraps was performing better than most other games.
Nition
Level 4

Some random guy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: December 04, 2013, 07:40:51 PM »

Oh, and I meant to link yesterday's Kickstarter update where I showed off some user creations: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nition/scraps-customisable-vehicle-combat-for-windows-mac/posts/681843
Nition
Level 4

Some random guy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #171 on: December 05, 2013, 04:39:36 PM »

So yeah, Scraps got accepted onto Steam yesterday after being on Steam Greenlight for a whole week and a half, which means that everyone who's backed the Kickstarter for $20 or more will be able to get a Steam key for the game.

This might have something to do with it:

Now I just have to actually finish it. Luckily today, for the first time since this Kickstarter started, it looks like I might actually have some time to work on the game instead of doing Kickstartery things all day.

I did get that outline thing to work. I think the outline makes things look slightly better, but it can look terrible if you don't have decent anti-aliasing turned on. So I set it to automatically come on if you have decent AA, and otherwise be off.

The reason it's not in the builder demo yet is that there seems to be a shader bug in Linux, which I need to look at before I put that update out. If I switch shaders while the game is running (so, if your change your AA settings in the options), the shaders seem to just stop working and everything is a delightful pink.

Comparison of the no-outline vs. outline look (click for big to see better):
gambrinous
Level 4

Indie Game Developer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #172 on: December 06, 2013, 02:39:30 AM »

That's really fast - congrats by the way!

A kickstarter campaigns seems like a great match for trying for greenlighting; backers are very much motivated to go and vote

Excy
Level 2

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 06, 2013, 08:27:38 AM »

Looks better with outlines in my opinion.

dangersam
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: December 06, 2013, 11:22:29 PM »

Pledged!  Good luck with the Kickstarter.  Oh and congrats on getting greenlit, I hope to get there one day!

Nition
Level 4

Some random guy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #175 on: December 06, 2013, 11:24:51 PM »

That's really fast - congrats by the way!

A kickstarter campaigns seems like a great match for trying for greenlighting; backers are very much motivated to go and vote

Totally. To anyone who's ready for both Greenlight and a Kickstarter, I'd highly recommend launching them at the same time. They both feed plenty of traffic into each other.
Nition
Level 4

Some random guy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: December 09, 2013, 12:41:04 AM »

Nine days remaining.

I haven't had a lot of time to work on the game itself (and won't until this Kickstarter is over. Where's the marketing department?), but I've been fixing a few bugs internally. The icon corruption on Mac is fixed (if it looks a bit crazy, it's probably not meant to). Fixed a couple of weapon rotation range calculation issues. Fixed parts staying highlighted when going from the build screen to in-game.

Once a couple of other things are fixed - mainly the Linux shader issue I mentioned in the previous update - I'll release an update to the builder demo.
Rusk
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 10, 2013, 05:28:42 AM »

You're doing well on the kickstarter! I don't want to jinx it, but I'd better go back it right away to avoid being an overbacker.
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: December 10, 2013, 05:38:59 AM »

Made this for the animated GIF demographic:

this gif is simply hilarious

Christian
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #179 on: December 12, 2013, 02:42:18 PM »

Funded! Congratulations!

Visit Indie Game Enthusiast or follow me @IG_Enthusiast to learn about the best new and upcoming indie games!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic