Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411603 Posts in 69388 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: gravitygat

May 08, 2024, 02:09:26 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallFoxy Jump, A new take on the endless runner genre.
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Foxy Jump, A new take on the endless runner genre.  (Read 504 times)
Derqs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« on: April 22, 2014, 06:37:21 AM »

I recently released my first app on the Google Playstore.
It features 3 foxes you have to control simultaneously and incoming treetrunks you have to avoid!

You can check it out here:  http://goo.gl/xkQCJB
Or search in the playstore for either Foxy Jump or Derqs.
A rating would be very much appreciated.
Feedback on performance issues and more are very welcome aswell!
I made this game to test most mechanics and the needs to publish on android, so you can expect more complex games from me in the future.

kednar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 07:27:53 AM »

Hi Derqs, graphics are really cool but mechanics quite frustrating. I gess that's what you're testing out.

What I don't get is why you put ads there, asking for so many permissions to restricted storage of my phone, location and so on. It makes me not trust it at all, being such small game. If your intention is to test stuff, do it honestly! Maybe I got it wrong and you're just trying out all possibilites Play Store can offer...

My major trouble was jumping too early so the foxes fell over the trunks. It demands a lot from the player giving back anything but an annoying sound. Sorry for being an asshole, but I think you can do better and work on it more before releasing with ads and all.

I really love the style and graphics though! Smiley
Derqs
Level 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 06:33:16 PM »

Hey, thanks for taking the time to play my game! Feedback is always welcome.
Those permissions actually were a real pain for me to delete. Since I'm using Cocoonjs as Apk wrapper and they don't have a feature yet to choose the app permissions (their support is rubbish). I got it now tho, decompiling and recompiling the app. Couldn't delete all the permissions because that would break the game somehow.(got rid of those phone, location and those other unnecessary permissions) I put the ads there to test how the whole ad system works, Might put a banner in a menu somewhere in the future.
The game was easy and fast to make, but I learned a lot exporting it to the Playstore, so that's good for me.
Now I know the basics of android exporting I can focus on something more serious and well made.

kednar
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2014, 12:34:24 AM »

Awesome! Looking forward to your work.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic