Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411582 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 06, 2024, 12:37:13 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingDrillboid
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Drillboid  (Read 8902 times)
Areku
Level 1

Well yeah.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2011, 08:38:50 AM »

Oh Bubs you sly raccoon! I had no idea you had a TIGs account!

Anyways, looking good as always, best of luck with the project.
lapsus
Level 1

The Grey Tower

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 06:38:49 AM »

Nice game!
I felt that perhaps the drilling was on the slow side since there was so much of it, but I love drilling my way around Smiley

I experienced a frequent stalling (~1s freezes) and eventually the browser hung completely so I had to shut down the process, might just be my computer though.

All in all the game looks great, looking forward to playing it some more.

OneMoreGo
Level 3

Stop looking at my chest

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2011, 07:10:26 AM »

very nice, but I dug a tunnel straight down and couldn't figure out how to get out again  Crazy
Pocketninja
Level 0

Pocketninja - Kurt Waldowski

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2011, 02:00:52 PM »

Really nice man! The visuals are stunning!!!

Currently I feel that the game lacks in content (And there's reason for it to; it's not done) If you add a few more objectives and elements to the game, I feel it can really go somewhere. The core mechanics are fun to mess around with, and that in itself grants the game a ton of potential.

Its coming along quick!; I did a WIP of the Week for it on my blog!

Keep it up man!  Beer!

Will Vale
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2011, 06:41:41 PM »

I like it a lot too, charming graphics and neat effects - the physics-ey rubble is particularly nice.

Similarly to OneMoreGo I found there isn't much protection against digging down a long way - I went down outside a section of metal-walled high-tech rooms and couldn't find any way to get inside them - they only let me in at the top. So then my alternative was to dig steps and climb back up - slow going.

Maybe some kind of emergency escape would be good - maybe if you aren't carrying the ball, you can (maybe in some limited way - pickups, once per life, etc.) boost straight up until you hit a non-diggable block. It strikes me this would make digging down a lot more fun, since you wouldn't have to worry about coming back up.

Just my 2p.

Will
TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2011, 10:15:04 PM »

The next version should help to alleviate that problem of digging down a little, by which I mean, you'll encounter gas pockets and get exploded. Evil
Every level has an entrance to the cave, but unless you know to look for it on your minimap, it's a bit unclear that it's there. We'll have to put in an arrow or something that points to it, since it makes it a lot easier to get around when you take the pre-generated entrance in. Digging is mostly there to use in small amounts, but we'd prefer to discourage tunnelling straight through the level.
Glad you like the rest of it, though!
TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2011, 09:40:07 PM »

We've finally completed the game! It's now released on Kongregate, so please go give it a try!
http://www.kongregate.com/games/capnbubs/drillboid
aDFP
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2011, 04:42:05 PM »

Just played it, and I really can't think of a single thing to criticise. You guys have made my new favourite Unity game. Well done!
Hangedman
Level 10

Two milkmen go comedy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2011, 04:48:35 PM »

Put a couple screenshots in the first post, just to seal the deal!

Very nice work  Beer!

AUST
ITIAMOSIWE (Play it on NG!) - Vision
There but for the grace of unfathomably complex math go I
Martoon
Level 0

Derp!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2011, 06:22:56 PM »

Good god, that's a beautiful game!  The art is stunning, the control feels nice, and all the effects and ambiance are fantastic.  I like it.  A lot.

Is the laggy sound an issue with Unity?  I just really notice it when the character lands (the delay before the "clunk" sound).

The tutorial text on double-jumping could be a little more clear (just thinking of the casual players).  Maybe say something like "jump, then press and hold the jump button again while in the air".

TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2011, 08:34:19 PM »

Just played it, and I really can't think of a single thing to criticise. You guys have made my new favourite Unity game. Well done!
Awesome, glad you like it.
Put a couple screenshots in the first post, just to seal the deal!

Very nice work  Beer!
Thanks! I probably should get around to putting some more shots up, thanks for the reminder.
Good god, that's a beautiful game!  The art is stunning, the control feels nice, and all the effects and ambiance are fantastic.  I like it.  A lot.
Thanks for the kind words!
Is the laggy sound an issue with Unity?  I just really notice it when the character lands (the delay before the "clunk" sound).
I think that's the only sound that does it, actually, and that's a bug in my own code that I forgot to fix. Thanks for reminding me, next version it should play normally!
The tutorial text on double-jumping could be a little more clear (just thinking of the casual players).  Maybe say something like "jump, then press and hold the jump button again while in the air".
Ah, yeah, good point. Funny thing is, I tried to write that in the least confusing way possible, but in retrospect, it was still kind of confusing. Oh well, another thing to add onto the next patch!
ArenMook
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2011, 10:54:31 PM »

Fun game! I love the art and procedurally generated content. Good luck with the competition!
Spooner
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2011, 03:32:15 PM »

Played through a medium sized map and narrowly missed my deadline on the way up because I didn't realise tab was a map. Maybe something for the tutorial?

I would have liked better differentiation of the different maps I could access on the planet interface (which I couldn't see until I clicked on them). Names or even just level numbers would help there, rather than just small/medium/large.

Otherwise enjoyed the game a lot; Felt very polished!

Unity of Command (ex-lead programmer) and my personal games
Arowx
Level 2

Arowx.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2011, 07:12:22 AM »

Great stuff!

TheLastBanana
Level 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2011, 04:15:22 PM »

Played through a medium sized map and narrowly missed my deadline on the way up because I didn't realise tab was a map. Maybe something for the tutorial?

I would have liked better differentiation of the different maps I could access on the planet interface (which I couldn't see until I clicked on them). Names or even just level numbers would help there, rather than just small/medium/large.

Otherwise enjoyed the game a lot; Felt very polished!

Thanks for the feedback! The map is actually mentioned in the tutorial, but I don't think it's there long or prominently enough. We'll definitely have a more complete tutorial as time goes on, so that's something we'll be sure to address.

The level select was really slapped together in a matter of a day or two, with no time to finish it up. The levels it chooses is entirely random - every time you click, it just comes up with a new level. Once we've got some more things worked out, the plan is to have 3-5 little markers pop up on the sphere, each marking a possible level choice. Hopefully that'll be easier to navigate and feel less confusing.

Glad to hear you guys enjoyed it, though! Hopefully we can get another update out soon.
deadeye
First Manbaby Home
Level 10

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2011, 06:09:57 PM »

It's been a while since I played this, it's really shaping up.  Awesome job  Beer!

tweet tweet @j_younger
zede05
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2011, 11:04:31 AM »

Very nice and looks very polished. It'd be cool if you could roll around in the compact mode. The effects were really cool, what program did you guys use to make it?

Great job!

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic