Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411780 Posts in 69413 Topics- by 58457 Members - Latest Member: mrferguson.md

May 26, 2024, 09:51:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingSquared [V0.2] *NOW 0.2*
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Squared [V0.2] *NOW 0.2*  (Read 1737 times)
Repealer
Level 0

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2011, 07:05:14 AM »

Squared [V0.2]

~~ News ~~
VERSION 0.2 RELEASED! Screenshots HERE!

~~ Synopsis ~~
Keep the Green character inside of the white box while dodging the red and gold enemies for as long as possible

~~ Controls ~~
WASD: Controls the character
MOUSE: Controls the scoring box

~~ Planned feature list ~~
1. LAN Co-op mode, where you control your friends scoring box and he controls yours, for a combined total score
2. LAN Vs mode (Direct), where you control your friends scoring box, and he controls yours, for a vs total score
3. LAN Vs mode (In-Direct), where P1 plays the normal game, and P2 chooses where the enemies will come from by clicking (Normal cooldown applies)
4. Scorebox size decreasor, The size of the scorebox will decrease for every second you AREN'T moving the scorebox around. Stops the cheaters from not constantly moving.
5. Multi-Directional enemies. Currently enemies go from Left to right and bottom to top, always

PLEASE SUGGEST FEATURES!

~~ Pictures ~~

~~ Suggestions ~~

1. Move your name from the highscores into the credits *DONE V0.2*
2. Move song name from the game area into the credits *DONE V0.2*
3. Remove name from the game area *DONE V0.2*
4. Name the forms Appropriately *DONE V0.2*
5. Fullscreen mode
6. Higher screen res
7. Working highscores for bubbling down
8. Fixing of clunky code with Tcomponent loops over brute force (ELEGANT SOLUTION)

~~ Positive Reviews ~~

EMPTY ATM

~~ Download Game ~~

Mediafire link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ttypcrpsb44i4ax
Its only 10 MB currently Smiley

~~ Installation ~~
Extract the game, and run the Project1.exe file

THANK YOU! Smiley

« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:59:14 PM by Repealer » Logged
Repealer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 07:38:44 AM »

Even just drop a comment would be nice Smiley
foxes8787
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 09:53:01 AM »

I haven't tried it, but I do like your ideas.
The menu box at the bottom is slightly too large, maybe you could do a separate little "credits" menu for the song name and 'name'.
The Lan vs mode (Direct) would be slightly too chaotic in my idea, for you could move a mouse Much faster then a player could move their character (I'm guessing), while on the other hand, the in-direct version sounds fun.
Repealer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 04:22:48 PM »

Good idea, they know their own name once they have put it in.

and i'll move my name from the highscores form into the credits as well

GOOD FEEBACK! thank you heaps, I appreciate it to the max. That stuff's coming in V0.2 Smiley
Repealer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 01:47:43 AM »

Mock Anger Mock Anger Mock Anger

NEDS MOR R33SPONS3Z

Mock Anger Mock Anger Mock Anger

basically, post pl0x. Remember, its free to play, free to comment, free to download Smiley
Repealer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 07:00:38 PM »

V0.2 is coming soon! within the hour Smiley
Repealer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 07:49:04 PM »

V0.2 Released, please criticise heavily!

I need criticism on the GUI, how easy it is to understand, the use of pictures, the highscores, and also just general feedback please Smiley
FrankForce
Level 2

This tepid water is tasteless.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2011, 06:09:15 PM »

This game is really hard.  Suggestions... move the assets to a sub directory.  Get rid of the voice taunts when a player loses.  Randomize stuff, are you setting the random seed to system timer?  Stuff appears when it's already on screen, instead try starting off screen and letting it move on screen.  Have it start with less stuff to avoid and ramp up in difficulty over time.  It seems like if you click play again it doesn't save the high score.
DanFornace
Level 1

danfornace.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 07:53:45 PM »

Just looking at the graphics, I think to myself, why are there varying pixel sizes? And why is there a picture of you?  Shocked

-Dan
Repealer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2011, 07:41:47 AM »

This game is really hard.  Suggestions... move the assets to a sub directory.  Get rid of the voice taunts when a player loses.  Randomize stuff, are you setting the random seed to system timer?  Stuff appears when it's already on screen, instead try starting off screen and letting it move on screen.  Have it start with less stuff to avoid and ramp up in difficulty over time.  It seems like if you click play again it doesn't save the high score.

I've just recently learnt OOP, but once my exams are over, I'll go about adding in some class structures for enemies (and spawning them) Them I can start of with one enemy and work up to four.

One idea that I have been suggested and that has been tossed around is a multiplier for staying inside of the box for longer periods of times. As you stay in there for longer, your multiplier builds up, and then you score faster per 0.1 seconds in the box. Once it hits 10x, you can then press space to deploy RAGE and stary destorying the enemies.

Another dev idea is use of slowdown using shift. While pressed, it will activate a matrix like "Bullet-time" so you can see the game in slo-mo, but the bar will deplete with heavy usage and replete with no usage.

Ah yeah, good idea with the assets, I didn't consider that when just deving for myself lol.

Voice taunts are a bit harsh you think? hmm... I'll toss some ideas around with some of my friends. thanks for the input though, I can see how it can annoy some players who aren't as good at the game.

The 2 enemies going from the bottom to the top are getting the same left co-ordinate as the players current one, and the 2 enemies coming from the right are getting the same top co-ordinate as the players one.

I'm looking into getting fullscreen at 1024*800 or w/e, and increasing the game board.

I don't understand what you mean by stuff appears on the screen when its already on the screen? I'll tell you that when the top co-ordinate of the bottom-to-top co-ordinate is less than 15 (the width of the barrier) it sends them back to the bottom again. Are you saying to have like a 3 second countdown before the game starts without any enemis present, and then putting them on the screen? I like that idea Smiley

with the highscore not saving, It's intentional. I want it to be like you can choose to submit it if you want, otherwise just go again. I might change that actually now that you mention it.

Thanks for all the advice,
Repealer
Repealer
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2011, 07:43:34 AM »

Just looking at the graphics, I think to myself, why are there varying pixel sizes? And why is there a picture of you?  Shocked

-Dan

I do not understand what you mean about varying pixel sizes, all the characters are 50x50 pixels.

Do you mean the pixel width with the borders and box compared to the enemies and the character?

There is a picture of me becuase I released it for a competition originally, and it was required to have a picture and credit of you somewhere in the software, Is it a good idea to remove it?

Thanks for all the advice,
Repealer
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic