Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411581 Posts in 69386 Topics- by 58445 Members - Latest Member: Mansreign

May 05, 2024, 07:04:47 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsDeveloperPlaytestingBeta Testers Needed for Awesome co-op platform puzzler, Wyv and Keep
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Beta Testers Needed for Awesome co-op platform puzzler, Wyv and Keep  (Read 1477 times)
Twitch
Level 1

View Profile
« on: May 01, 2011, 02:05:32 AM »

We're nearly ready to release the demo to the game we've been slaving away on for the past year or so, Wyv and Keep: The Lost Idol

Here's what it looks like:

Before we release the demo into the wild, I'd like to make sure that it doesn't crash or do strange things on a variety of systems. Seeing as how it uses XNA, this is sometimes kinda tricky. This is where You (hopefully) come in!

As a tester, your responsibilities will include:
* Downloading and installing a game
* Playing through the five levels present in the demo
* Telling us if our shit sucks
* (maybe) Having fun

If you are awesome, have windows on your computer, and are interested in helping us out by previewing our possibly-broken game before the demo is released to the public, drop us a line in this here thread, or through email or something.

You could also just post here to say that we suck and should go and die in a fire, then burn in double hell, if that's how you feel. Free speech and all that.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 02:11:59 AM by Twitch » Logged
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 02:18:38 AM »

http://pigames.pl/2011/05/wyv-and-keep/
I'll even write a preview on our polish indie games website Smiley

Twitch
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 03:04:16 AM »

Dude the google translation of this page is fantastic.
With an avatar like that, how could I resist!
Are you sure it's okay though? I'm not complaining, but none of us are even remotely polish  Durr...?
ANtY
Level 10

i accidentally did that on purpose

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 03:55:30 AM »

Dude the google translation of this page is fantastic.
With an avatar like that, how could I resist!
Are you sure it's okay though? I'm not complaining, but none of us are even remotely polish  Durr...?
Website is polish but we don't write only about polish games (would be kinda hard) Smiley
I'm glad to hear you like it.
Checked out translated version and it looks pretty funny  Durr...?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 04:04:50 AM by ANtY » Logged

Twitch
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2011, 03:38:54 PM »

Bumping this for attention. A few peeps have email offered, but more is always better Smiley
Maisnon!
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 03:47:01 PM »

Sure, I'll help out! Friend of mine who I usually play together with (I'm guessing it's offline co-op Tongue ) will be back from a trip on wednesday and we'll be able to play it.

He's not that much into the whole indie game scene thing, but when I showed him Treasure Treasure we had fun playing it together, so this might just be the right game for us Smiley

Call me what you want, but don't call me in the morning.
poe
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2011, 04:04:24 PM »

If you still need people this game appeals to me Wink
Also being new to C# and XNA I would love to see the flexibility of the engine itself Smiley
DeadPixel
Level 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2011, 06:07:52 PM »

I'm an XNA dev as well so my system is already setup to handle whatever you have.  I'll do some testing for you.  Are you targeting the Xbox?  Interested in evil checklist stuff yet?

Twitch
Level 1

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 06:09:37 AM »

okay, i'm mailin' all three of ya. Thanks for helping!! Beer!

Awesome to hear you can experience it in co-op Maisnon. I gotta admit, I'm kinda hoping players get into yelling matches over this game, after chuckling at a video of Jesse's pals doing just that.

poe, I'd be more than happy to share/talk code with you. It's not a marvel of modern engineering or anything, but there are a few neat tricks in there which I've picked up Smiley

I will be targeting the 360 at some point, but haven't really considered that awful checklist yet. They'd better not still require a fucking memory card.... *grumble grumble*
You Are The Castle looks pretty boss too, I'll be reviewing the hell out of that when it pops up!

...man, it feels kinda weird replying to three posts at once.
handCraftedRadio
The Ultimate Samurai
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 07:26:41 AM »

The game looks awesome, and I'm always looking for a good co-op game to play. I'd be happy to test if you still need some people.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic