Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411713 Posts in 69402 Topics- by 58450 Members - Latest Member: FezzikTheGiant

May 21, 2024, 11:18:56 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsPlayerGamesBOH: indie game for PC \ Mac \ Linux \ Amiga OS
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Author Topic: BOH: indie game for PC \ Mac \ Linux \ Amiga OS  (Read 43106 times)
saimo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2010, 06:10:09 AM »

Since you've been so kind with helping me out with some translation issues, I thought I'd bother you again (Tongue) to check/improve the translations of "360° viewer" (the 360° viewer is a device that expands the field of vision to 360°) to Finnish, French, German, Norwegian, Spanish and Swedish (and possibly with Polish, later): can you help, please?
Thanks in advance Smiley

Finnish: 360° näyttäjä
French: viseur à 360°
German: 360° Betrachter
Norwegian: 360° visir
Spanish: visor 360°
Swedish: 360° visare
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 12:23:55 AM by saimo » Logged
JackieJay
Level 3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: April 10, 2010, 08:42:03 AM »

I'll have a go at this, seems pretty cool.  Beer!

saimo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: April 10, 2010, 08:51:28 AM »

I'll have a go at this, seems pretty cool.  Beer!

Thanks, I wish you'll have fun Smiley
saimo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: May 05, 2010, 06:53:03 AM »

OK friends, I decided to make happy those who find shooting difficult, so I have added an aiming device which projects a sort of light beam that shows the shooting line (and what would get hit, of course) Wink
The biggest problem when I do this sort of things is... adding the translation of the addiitonal strings that become necessary! Facepalm

So, now I have to translate "aiming device taken" - these is what I came up with, but I'm pretty sure there are many errors (and that some translations are completely laughable):

German: Zeigegerät genommen
Spanish: conseguido dispositivo apuntador
French: dispositif de pointage pris
Swedish: sikte upplockat
Finnish: tavoiden laite löydetty
Norwegian: sikte plukket opp
Polish: wziales urzadzenie celujace
Danish: sigter samlet op

What would you suggest (please keep in the mind that the more abstract, the better)?
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 10:38:47 AM by saimo » Logged
GreatFox
Level 0

Fox

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 05, 2010, 08:29:22 AM »

Finnish: tavoiden laite löydetty

Oh man, you just made my day.
(change it to 'tähtäyslaite löydetty' if you don't want more laughs from finnish people)
saimo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2010, 10:47:00 AM »

Quote from: GreatFox link=topic=7269.msg376669#msg376669
Oh man, you just made my day.

Shrug Big Laff

(change it to 'tähtäyslaite löydetty' if you don't want more laughs from finnish people)

Done. Thanks!
saimo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2010, 02:10:38 AM »

Hello,

since more free time is coming with the summer, I thought I'd provide BOH players with some additional fun - and, while at it, I also made it a little bit easier to beginners Wink

So, I have just released the update11, which:
 * adds the aiming device (a tool that shows the shooting trajectory);
 * allows to restart from the last phase played when difficulty is set to "easy";
 * adds 2 new missions;
 * refines light casting;
 * enriches and extends the menu music of the theme "underground";
 * retouches the menu music of the theme "default";
 * adds the Danish translation;
 * improves the translations;
 * fixes the "mood" of the ending;
 * updates and improves the manuals;
 * applies various other changes.

The update can be downloaded for free from the DOWNLOADS page of the official website.
The demos have been updated to reflect the changes.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 05:45:37 AM by saimo » Logged
deathtotheweird
« Reply #127 on: June 08, 2010, 06:41:14 AM »

Aiming Device is quite nice. Not that you need if often, but it is handy for shooting things that are farther away. Also makes it easier with the boss.
saimo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: June 08, 2010, 07:13:52 AM »

(hand-made quoting follows: the latest version of this browser - OWB - gets stuck after pressing the quote button Shrug)

Aiming Device is quite nice. Not that you need if often, but it is handy for shooting things that are farther away. Also makes it easier with the boss.

Yes, indeed aiming without any aid becomes pretty much natural after some practice, but still there seems to be lots of people around who are too lazy... so, I decided to listen to their complaints my own way Tongue
saimo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: June 18, 2010, 04:32:40 AM »

Hi,

since the previous update brought to surface a couple of nasty bugs (as reported by a few users, whom I wholeheartedly thank), I fixed them and seized the occasion to raise the number of missions to 40 and to add a new translation!

More specifically, this update:
 * fixes 2 bugs that could cause crashes;
 * adds 2 new secret missions;
 * adds the Polish translation;

The update can be downloaded for free from the DOWNLOADS page of the official website at http://www.bohthegame.com.

Finally, a couple of addresses for who wants to follow BOH directly:
 * Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/BOH/99598418583
 * Twitter: http://twitter.com/bohthegame

As always, enjoy!
deathtotheweird
« Reply #130 on: June 18, 2010, 11:14:55 AM »

So update 12 is the only one that requires a previous patch? It worked fine for me, just askin.
saimo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: June 18, 2010, 01:10:12 PM »

So update 12 is the only one that requires a previous patch? It worked fine for me, just askin.

I'm not sure what you mean. Anyway, all updates require the previous ones to have been installed - if this doesn't answer your question, let me know Wink
deathtotheweird
« Reply #132 on: June 18, 2010, 01:22:53 PM »

That did, I wasn't sure. I always installed them one after the other. Just in case I ever need to reinstall, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.
saimo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: June 18, 2010, 01:31:17 PM »

That did, I wasn't sure. I always installed them one after the other. Just in case I ever need to reinstall, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks.

You're welcome.
Here's another hint: when/if you're in doubt, compare the installed game version (shown in the about page) with that specified in the update README.
Eclipse
Level 10

0xDEADC0DE

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: July 01, 2010, 11:16:21 AM »

Wow, 12 updates and still kicking Smiley this game gives you a lot of bang for your bucks.
It's probably one of the very few indie games that got me hooked for an entire year, I don't play a lot, but I've installed it on all my machines and I keep coming back for few rounds from time to time.

I'll surely beat the game one of these days :]

Looking foward the next update and the new themes, and a big thank you for fixing even that rare bug that we found on update 11

<Powergloved_Andy> I once fapped to Dora the Explorer
saimo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2010, 11:58:06 AM »

Eclipse, I'm unspeakably happy you're enjoying BOH so much Smiley
And I'll be even happier when you'll tell me you've finished all the missions - ah, by the way, and don't forget to find the hidden ending Wink

Thanks for your support!
saimo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: August 18, 2010, 06:07:43 AM »

Hellooo,

for both those who are having a great gaming time now and those who will back at their computers after the summer, here is one more massive update that takes BOH to yet another level Kiss

More specifically, this update:
 * adds world standings: the game can send automatically the local records to a global server that keeps the real-time standings of all the players in the world who make use of this new feature;
 * adds a new tile kind: the message point, i.e. a location that reveals a message (a hint, a riddle, a part of story, etc.);
 * uses the messages points to make many missions more intriguing and to improve the tutorial missions (which have also been slightly modified for greater effectiveness);
 * adds the theme "pyramid";
 * adds 5 new missions;
 * adds the possibility of specifying a success epilogue and a failure epilogue for each phase;
 * reworks automappers: the more powerful one now covers the same area of the other one, but provides also an alternative rendering mode whereby the map reflects faithfully the actual colors of the tiles;
 * makes movements of enemies clearer;
 * allows the RM to open locked passages and exits only when facing them;
 * removes sidestepping;
 * makes [SPACE] the default automapper key;
 * makes the alignment of menu texts definable by the theme designer;
 * improves a few strings in some translations;
 * improves and updates the manuals;

The update can be downloaded for free from the DOWNLOADS page of the official website.

As always, enjoy Wink
deathtotheweird
« Reply #137 on: August 18, 2010, 01:58:05 PM »

Your site is timing out for me, guess I'll have to wait a bit. Looks awesome though.
saimo
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: August 18, 2010, 02:01:23 PM »

The ISP seems to have problems: I've found another site hosted by them that isn't reachable. This is driving me crazy - just when I released the update! Facepalm
I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.
deathtotheweird
« Reply #139 on: August 18, 2010, 06:27:40 PM »

It's fine, it's not your fault. Just bad timing I guess. I am able to access the site now.

Just had a few missions with the new Egypt theme, really love it. Once again, you outdid yourself on this one. Gentleman
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic