Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411641 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58449 Members - Latest Member: pp_mech

May 14, 2024, 02:18:00 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallThe Journey Down: Over the Edge
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: The Journey Down: Over the Edge  (Read 3415 times)
Skygoblin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: November 20, 2010, 02:39:59 AM »

Breaking news! High-res release in the making!

Chapter one "Over the Edge" released!

The Journey Down is a classical Point n Click adventure game divided in four separate free to play downloadable chapters. The first chapter follows our brave hero Bwana and his sidekick Kito as they, while struggling to make ends meet, suddenly get thrown into a twisting plot of Corruption and Adventure!

Rock, Paper, Shotgun feature
Indiegames.com feature

Review on HardyDev
Review on the Slow down

"Over the Edge" was developed in Adventure Game Studio and has been in the making for roughly five years. I hope you will enjoy it!

Features:

* Dazzling full motion cinematics!
* More than 20 Locations!
* Over 15 bizzare characters!
* An all original jazzy reggae soundtrack by jazzmaster Simon D'souza!

Hope to hear your comments and feedback!

Chapter two is currently in the making, the more feedback I get on chapter one, the better chapter two will be! Follow its development on www.skygoblin.com
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 11:29:04 PM by Skygoblin » Logged

Currently developing The Journey Down: Chapter Three
dopeman
Level 0

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 06:10:03 AM »

Wow the game looks great. Very professional. It says on Rock Paper Shotgut that took you 5 years to finish it? Shocked

annyfm
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 12:04:47 PM »

Yo, gave this a quick whirl just now and it seems like there's potential - just haven't dug it up yet.

I'll try to remember to come back to this topic when I've finished the episode.

Looks & sounds great though - only slightly disappointed that there isn't speech, I'd got used to that!

annyfm
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 02:43:47 PM »

Hey Skygoblin,

Just used this game to launch an indie reviews blog I've been meaning to get round to establishing for a while now.

http://anny.fm/indie/2010/11/the-journey-down-over-the-edge/

I enjoyed this - definitely something to be proud of Smiley

Edit: also got it published on The Indie Game Magazine
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 09:03:33 AM by annyfm » Logged

Skygoblin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 11:09:12 AM »

dopeman: Yep! Five wonderful years. I've been doing a lot of writing and sketching on the following chapters during these five years as well though, so it hasn't all been spent on doing chapter one. Glad you like the look of it!

annyfm: Thanks for the coverage Anny! Glad you liked the game and good luck with your indie review blog! I look forward to reading more indie adventure game reviews, I hope you've got some in the pipeline! Beer!

Skygoblin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2010, 12:38:22 PM »

New Journey Down wallpapers just released!

The wallpaper currently exists in three different sizes.

1024 x 768
1280 x 1024
1680 x 1050

If you're fav size is missing just tell me and I'll create it!

Skygoblin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 01:13:14 PM »

Updating with a spankin' new review from Jayisgames!

If you haven't yet decided to download the game, read this, I'm sure it will help you make up your mind!

Jayisgames review.

Skygoblin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 01:34:18 PM »

Yo all!

To celebrate the fact that I finally got my Journey Down site updated, I have decided to release my original cinematic storyboards for public viewing pleasures!

If you're into making cutscenes yourself this may be in interesting read, specifically if you through some mad feat of memory mastery actually remember what the cinematics are like in the finished game. Comparing my storyboards and the actual result is a good way of getting a feeling for what things were better left alone than actually implemented. I had many great ideas, and many utterly lousy ones. Many of them were cut out because I felt they only confused the player, other things were removed since I felt they weren't really worth the effort it would take to make them.

In retrospect I am very happy with the final cut that the game ended up with. Some few things from this original storyboard that are missing would have been fun to implement but all in all I'm very happy that I managed to trim it down so well. (Trimming it down was not only dramaturgically important, but also critical to me actually being able to finish it off.)

Hopefully someone out there finds this an interesting read. If you've got similar documents don't be shy to show them! I'd love to have a peek.  Grin

Igor Hardy
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 05:06:53 PM »

The wallpaper image would be a great box cover art!

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to some teaser images (even concept art) for the second episode. Any chances for something like that in the near future, or do you prefer to keep as much as possible a surprise?

Skygoblin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 11:49:23 AM »

Patience my friend, patience!

I actually spend a lot of time drawing on chapter 4 nowadays instead of working on chapter 2 lol. Someone oughta slap me.

Peevish
Level 4

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 02:42:05 PM »

Someone oughta slap me.

Skygoblin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 12:05:33 AM »

Crazy Ohh that slap felt good! Thanks Peevish.

Now for some good news!

The annual AGS AWARDS Ceremony was held in an AGS/IRC client with many contenders and guests, all participating in real time with full chat and avatar support.

The Journey Down ended up winning 10 different awards, one of them being the coveted GAME OF THE YEAR award.

Check out the game at www.skygoblin.com

ithamore
TIGSource Editor
Level 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 02:53:39 AM »

Beer!

I really liked the first chapter, and I'm looking forward to playing the next one.

Please help TimW, a longtime promoter of indie gaming everywhere and an old friend of TIGSource, to write about indie games full-time.
Skygoblin
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 11:27:57 PM »

Thanks itamore! Of you're curious about our progress, please enjoy the following link:

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic