Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411637 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58448 Members - Latest Member: Danque_Birbington_II

May 14, 2024, 03:06:14 AM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallWordel on Android
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Wordel on Android  (Read 895 times)
kyru
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: February 08, 2011, 10:31:12 AM »

Just finished up and released a new game onto the Android Market today, Wordel.

Basically you are given a 5x5 grid of letters and have to make words out of adjacent letters, once you have a word submit it and it is removed from the board so that new letters can fall in to fill up the spaces.  High word scores get you modifiers placed on random letters on the board, with higher scoring words getting you higher modifiers. 

There are 3 main game modes for the game, a single timed board (1, 3, or 5 minutes), continuous mode where you go for a goal score on the board and move on to more difficult goals when you hit them, and clear mode where no new letters are added and you simply try to clear the board of letters.

Here are some in game screenshots, nothing fancy but I don't think this type of game needs to be:

The full version is on the Android Market for $1.50 and there is a free ad-supported version available as well that is limited to 3 minute single board and clear game modes.

Let me know what you think, I haven't really made the same type of Android game twice so far so I hope I made this type of game fun.
kyru
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 11:58:21 AM »

Just wanted to follow up, I've received some feedback elsewhere that there were issues with the high score system, so I've released an update today that should hopefully fix that. 

Apparently some high scores were just getting lost after entering in a name.  I've cleaned up what I believe to be the culprit and hopefully the problem won't continue.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic