Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411635 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 08:47:48 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallGreedy Bankers for iOS
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Greedy Bankers for iOS  (Read 2797 times)
Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« on: February 19, 2011, 09:30:17 AM »

LATEST UPDATE:
Greedy Bankers v1.2 just launched. Game Center leaderboards and achievements! Available from the App Store now!

Greedy Bankers is a fast-paced arcade puzzle game about making big money! Match like-coloured gems into squares to increase their value, but watch out - sneaky robbers are in your vault and they're after your jewels! Rubble falls from the roof and blocks your path, and the greedy bank manager demands higher and higher targets!

The game is easy to pick up and instantly accessibly, but is driven by a strong undercurrent of strategy. To make a big score you're going to need to think fast and balance your need for big expensive gems with your need to keep the board clear of rubble. Banking is easy to learn but difficult to master!

Some screenshots:

If you can't beat them, join them!

An iPad version is also in development, which will include local multiplayer and extra game modes designed to make the most of the bigger board. More information can be found on the Greedy Bankers website.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 04:32:18 PM by Alistair Aitcheson » Logged

Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 09:22:22 AM »

I wrote a blog post today about developing the game to be both accessible and complex. Take a look if you're interested Smiley http://aitchesongames.blogspot.com/2011/02/designing-greedy-bankers-accessibility.html

Virtanen
Level 0

Lost in time

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 11:36:57 AM »

The graphics look funny, especially the banker(or the guy on the right in the trailer) Cheesy

At first glance the game looked just like any other gem-puzzle-game but it seems to be something rather new and good. I really liked the idea of robbers and how it was done.

I hope Apple approves this! Beer!

VIRTANEN GAMES
Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 02:38:54 PM »

Thanks! I'm glad you like the look of it Smiley

Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 05:11:06 PM »

Update - it's now available on the App Store! http://itunes.com/apps/greedy-bankers

I still have some promo codes left, so if you're interested in reviewing Greedy Bankers for your site or blog, just let me know Smiley

The app goes live in different territories at different times, but if it's after 2am Thursday 24th February where you are, you can probably find it in the app store right now Smiley

Oddbob
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2011, 03:43:11 PM »

Have I mentioned how much I like this yet?

No? Ok. I like! Top work.

Coffee
Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 02:41:49 AM »

Have I mentioned how much I like this yet?

No? Ok. I like! Top work.

Coffee

Thanks very much  Grin

Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 03:19:37 AM »

Update! I've just submitted version 1.2.0 for approval, which should be out later this week. The update includes Game Center leaderboards, and achievements for both Game Center and non-Game Center devices.

Atomsk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2011, 01:00:04 PM »

Saw your post about your video, and now looking at the videos here, I think I would be insanely addicted to this. However, no iPhone for me xD

Is there a way to get rid of thieves?
Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2011, 02:59:59 PM »

Saw your post about your video, and now looking at the videos here, I think I would be insanely addicted to this. However, no iPhone for me xD

Thanks! There isn't a way to get rid of the thieves in the current version. As it stands, it's a case of trying to avoid them or evaluating your risk and cashing in early if you need to. I like the change in tone the robbers add for the short time they're on-screen Smiley

Atomsk
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2011, 04:56:46 PM »

Thanks! There isn't a way to get rid of the thieves in the current version. As it stands, it's a case of trying to avoid them or evaluating your risk and cashing in early if you need to. I like the change in tone the robbers add for the short time they're on-screen Smiley

I think they're great! Definitely adds to the thread. I was more thinking like '3x combo and the thief runs away for half a minute' or something. But it's not like he's super fast or anything, so chasing him off screen isn't a game breaker (I mean, wouldn't cause me not to buy it without such feature).
I'm really not familiar with the iSeries, is it available on iPad?
Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2011, 05:41:15 PM »

I'm really not familiar with the iSeries, is it available on iPad?

I've started work on the iPad version, which I expect to be out in the next couple of months. Because of the bigger screen size, I can add in a larger game board, some new game modes that need a bit more space to work, and local multiplayer. It'll be a bit more adventurous as a result, so I'm looking forward to getting it out there Wink

Guert
Level 10

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 03:35:59 PM »

I dowloaded/playedthe game this week and it's pretty entertaining! Smiley I liked it! The only thing I wish the game would include is a way to remove the theif once it appears. I like the thief and the role it plays but I'd like to be able to get rid of him somehow. Anyways, good job! Smiley

Alistair Aitcheson
Level 5

"Ali" for short

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 04:45:45 PM »

Thanks for the feedback, Guert. I'm always looking for ways to improve the game, so I'll give some thought to that. I'm glad you enjoyed it Smiley

Update: Version 1.2 has just gone live in the App Store, and had Game Center leaderboards and achievements. I'm looking forward to seeing some competition for the top-spots! Wink

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic