Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Advanced search

1411634 Posts in 69394 Topics- by 58447 Members - Latest Member: wcored

May 13, 2024, 07:51:49 PM

Need hosting? Check out Digital Ocean
(more details in this thread)
TIGSource ForumsCommunityTownhallShelved
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Shelved  (Read 860 times)
erakkun
Level 0

View Profile WWW
« on: March 17, 2011, 01:57:23 AM »

This is the second "official" C++ game I've made (a very lousy Pong-clone being the first one). I've made this as a school thesis, so the time limit affected the outcome a little bit. For example the graphics and fonts are pretty ugly, and I could've done better job in designing the game. However, despite it's flaws I want to show it here.

Idea
Your goal is to fill a bookshelf with required number of items until the time runs out. Each time you do this you get to the next level, where the bookshelf is a little bigger and you're required to put even more items to the shelf. Each shelf has it's own category, and if the item you put to that shelf matches the category, you get extra points. Maximum level you can reach is 40, and after that the game just repeats that same level until you get tired.

How do you play it?
Using mouse. Grab an item from the bottom of the window using left mouse button, and then you can rotate that item between horizontal and vertical position with right mouse button. To throw an item you're holding away, take it to the bottom of the window and press left mouse button. Once you've placed an item to the shelf, you can't move or rotate it anymore.

Scores are stored online, so in order to save your score, you need a working Internet-connection. If you're playing offline, take a screenshot instead. You can look at the highscores from here, or inside of the game.

The game should work on Windows XP and 7 (Vista not tested), and on any Linux-distribution with working SDL-libraries.

Screenshots
( Menu ) ( Game interface ) ( Success )

Download
http://www.host-a.net/u/erakko/shelved.zip (zip, 15 Mb)
http://www.host-a.net/u/erakko/shelved_bugfix_1.01.zip (zip, 350 Kb)

The later zip is required to fix a bug during inserting your score to the highscore table. Simply download both zips, extract them wherever you want, and copy-paste the executables in bugfix-folder to game's folder.

----------

I hope to hear feedback, and if you find any bugs, please tell me :)
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Theme orange-lt created by panic